My Lawyer Screwed Me !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

metsfour

This its about a divorce that has been going on. I live in Florida now but the divorve is in NY where i lived most of my life and where the wife is.
At 1st i had a pendente lite ordered on me because i failed to reply. ( i had a staus hearing shortly after i recieved it and i thought i would be able to discuss it there) I was not able to discuss it and they ordered me with crazy amounts of money based on lies my wife told.
Then, i had worked out a settlement to give my wife everything, the house and child support for 1 child. they gave me 30 days to move out and then the trial would be 5 days later. Well, i couldn't find a place to live in that short time so they voided the agreement.
Now, the lawyer had told me not to go to the trial because he said if i go to NY i would get locked up for not paying the child support that was in arrears from the pendente lite. So they had a trial without me or him being there. So there was a decision after inquest which you can imagine all the lies that were told. So they have me owing $65,000 back alimony and child support, $25,000 in her legal fee's, $62,000 in money from a bank account that i had already split it in half with her, $10,000 per year for life in alimony, and $500 per week in Child Support for 2 kids of which one of them lives with me !!!!
They computed my income from a an online dating site where i posted i made $100,000 per year, of which i really do not, i am presently unemployed and have been for the past 2 years. I live with my older children who pay all the bills because they are doing well and wanted to do this for me.
So my big dilema is, WHAT CAN I DO NOW !!!!

I appreciate any knowledgable help....

This its about a divorce that has been going on. I live in Florida now but the divorve is in NY where i lived most of my life and where the wife is.
At 1st i had a pendente lite ordered on me because i failed to reply. ( i had a staus hearing shortly after i recieved it and i thought i would be able to discuss it there) I was not able to discuss it and they ordered me with crazy amounts of money based on lies my wife told.
So, you ignored service and it cost you plenty.
Then, i had worked out a settlement to give my wife everything, the house and child support for 1 child. they gave me 30 days to move out and then the trial would be 5 days later. Well, i couldn't find a place to live in that short time so they voided the agreement.
Then you ignored another directive, which cost you a settlement.
Now, the lawyer had told me not to go to the trial because he said if i go to NY i would get locked up for not paying the child support that was in arrears from the pendente lite. So they had a trial without me or him being there. So there was a decision after inquest which you can imagine all the lies that were told.
Or, perhaps the judge was just so irritated with your lack of compliance that he gave your wife whatever she wanted.
So they have me owing $65,000 back alimony and child support, $25,000 in her legal fee's, $62,000 in money from a bank account that i had already split it in half with her, $10,000 per year for life in alimony, and $500 per week in Child Support for 2 kids of which one of them lives with me !!!!
It's unfortunate that your lawyer didn't represent you in the matter, but that's what happens when you don't attend your hearings.
They computed my income from a an online dating site where i posted i made $100,000 per year, of which i really do not, i am presently unemployed and have been for the past 2 years.
Wow. Is it possible that your predicament was caused by your own lie, rather than your wife's lies?
I live with my older children who pay all the bills because they are doing well and wanted to do this for me.
So my big dilema is, WHAT CAN I DO NOW !!!!
Sue your lawyer or appeal? Although both will be hard to do without money.

My Layer Screwed Me

Well i have spoken to a few different attorneys and i hear 2 different ways to go about this. One says appeal, the other says to try and get it back on the calender with the original judge. I dont want to throw money into something and later find out i should have done the other....

Well i have spoken to a few different attorneys and i hear 2 different ways to go about this. One says appeal, the other says to try and get it back on the calender with the original judge. I dont want to throw money into something and later find out i should have done the other....

On what possible grounds were you told you can appeal?

I was tol the apelet court believes everyone deserves their day in court, and because my lawyer told me not to go then that was grounds for an appeal...

Im trying to come up with money for an appeal. Anyone know of any lawyers that will do this for a reduced fee?

My Layer Screwed Me

OK, the least expensive attorney i found that would handle this was $15,000 and i have family helping me out with that. Now i hope i will get my day in court and the truth will be told....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back