My German wife wants divorce, we have 2 bi-national children, and I am unemployed. I refuse divorce.

• Thread Starter Christopherstclairjones
  • Start date
C

Christopherstclairjones

Jurisdiction
European Union
I'm an American. My wife is German. Our children are bi-nationals. My wife abandoned me in Louisiana and took our children back to Germany in 2011. She had gotten a ticket from her parents without telling me and gave me an ultimatum. I relented. I followed her in December, months later, that year. Years passed and she decides to d ivorce me suddenly - leaving an answering machine message from her parent's house with the children - having gone to visit just for the weekend, as often before. She lied to me about coming to America from the beginning, and I went to Germany. Then she decided to go to America, then abandoned me there and took our children. I love our children. I do not want divorce. She is always getting her way and never keeps her promises. She wants me to leave the house, but I have nowhere to go. I'm not violent, but we have loudly argued many times. She is mentally unbalanced in my opinion. What can I do?

If she wants a divorce, she's going to get one. I don't think there's any way the law is going to force her to remain married to you if she doesn't want to be.It may take longer than if you cooperate but make no mistake, it's going to happen. The answer to "what can I do" in that case can only be, Get a good attorney.

If she wants a divorce, she's going to get one. I don't think there's any way the law is going to force her to remain married to you if she doesn't want to be.It may take longer than if you cooperate but make no mistake, it's going to happen. The answer to "what can I do" in that case can only be, Get a good attorney.

I want to know if she can just throw me out on the street.

Anywhere in the US she can seek temporary possession of the house and a restraining order (if necessary) to put you out.

If you are still residing in Germany with her, I don't know, she may just be able to have the authorities take you out and shoot you. (Sorry, WWII joke, couldn't resist.)

Really, wherever you are, you'd better get a job now, and be prepared for the inevitable.

Anywhere in the US she can seek temporary possession of the house and a restraining order (if necessary) to put you out.

If you are still residing in Germany with her, I don't know, she may just be able to have the authorities take you out and shoot you. (Sorry, WWII joke, couldn't resist.)

Really, wherever you are, you'd better get a job now, and be prepared for the inevitable.

Well, I worked in Halle for an ESL company. Maybe they want me back.

I suspect in Germany, SUSPECT being the operative word, that in Germany she CAN throw you out like garbage; because she did.

I suspect in Germany, SUSPECT being the operative word, that in Germany she CAN throw you out like garbage; because she did.

I suspect you think I'm some violent wife-beater. You couldn't be more wrong. She is probably bi-polar, and has the most terrible temper. She goes nuts and screams at our children every weekend, and goes bonkers like clockwork every month. She has had female cycle problems since before I met her. She is in the area now because she took the kids backpacks with her. She thinks she can force me to do her bidding or she threatens divorce.

I thought this was a forum for legal advice internationally, but it seems no one knows the law in Germany.

I suspect you think I'm some violent wife-beater. You couldn't be more wrong. She is probably bi-polar, and has the most terrible temper. She goes nuts and screams at our children every weekend, and goes bonkers like clockwork every month. She has had female cycle problems since before I met her. She is in the area now because she took the kids backpacks with her. She thinks she can force me to do her bidding or she threatens divorce.

I thought this was a forum for legal advice internationally, but it seems no one knows the law in Germany.

We focus on US law, because we're too uninformed to know about other nations.

I don't judge mate.

Had you never mentioned the incidents, I would have not known.

I do know all people have disagreements, some argue, some fight, and some pound the snot out of one or both parties.

I still don't judge, because when one (or both) grow weary, sooner or later, both parties figure it out.

If you are married, I suspect you can stay, even in Germany.

If you can't pay the rent, I suspect you'll be forced to leave, or the landlord will evict you.

I never stay where I'm not wanted, mate.

Back