My fiances was raped at 7 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its come to my attention that my female fiance was raped by an 18 year old cousin when she was 7. If we can, its payback time and he will be prosecuted. Please advise statue of limitations for forcible child rape in the state of Ohio. Thank you.

Your fiancee can still make a police report. Much as I hate to say it though, child sex crimes are amongst the most difficult to successfully prosecute and even more difficult after a significant amount of time has passed.

This doesn't mean she shouldn't do anything though.

You're an asshole. She's my fiance and there is a WE in this. I'm the first person she has ever told! Who the hell do you think you are you insensitive bastard!!?

You're an asshole. She's my fiance and there is a WE in this. I'm the first person she has ever told! Who the hell do you think you are you insensitive bastard!!?
YOU do not seem to understand - YOU are a legal NON-entity in this! YOU are not a witness nor in any way involved. Your only part in this is to be emotionally supportive.

Disagreeable was correct - there is no "WE" in this. As far as the legal aspect goes, there is her, the suspect, and any potential witnesses. So, tone it back a few notches. Such language will NOT be tolerated!

Legally, this will be nearly impossible to prosecute. If the first she told was 16 years after the fact, and there is no forensic or medical evidence to corroborate the allegations, absent a confession or an admission by the suspect to some other credible third party, a successful prosecution is highly unlikely. In fact, ANY prosecution is unlikely. But, she should still report it.

Now, if you want to help your fiancee, then be there for her, make sure she gets into therapy, and help her work through this. But, do not count on any retribution from the justice system because it is simply not likely to happen. If he can be prosecuted and is, great! If not, she will steal need healing.

Let's chill out a bit here. The people here don't have anything person against you here. Sometimes in discussions of sensitive matters, the facts and opinions are not always stated with kid gloves on to cushion. Sometimes the legal process can be cruel and insensitive and best to keep that in mind from the start.

Agree with other responders. Your reply was totally uncalled for. You were given correct information.

Let's all be considerate of each other, please.
Thank you.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

What she needs is your compassion and understanding along with allowing her the freedom to make her own choices. Actually, I am not an insensitive bastard. I am someone who has been in your position before that speaks from experience. Depending on the level of trauma she is feeling, she might benefit from EMDR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back