My ex husband says he won't return my kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

QueenPurple

I'm supposed to drop my kids off to my ex husband every other Friday by 6 pm, as per our divorce decree. He is supposed to return them to me the following Sunday, but since I moved five hours away for school, I stay in town for the weekend and pick my kids up on the way out of town. Last weekend, my ex husband told me "next time you drop off the kids, I'm not letting you have them back." He is very unpredictable, and while I doubt he would take off with the kids, I simply don't know for sure. With that information, am I still under obligation to have the kids to him by 6 on Friday, when I don't know what his intentions are?

Yes. Also did you get permission to move the kids that far away?

Yes. Also did you get permission to move the kids that far away?
thanks! And no, I didn't get permission but I'm still in the state. And I've been providing all the transportation since I'm the one who chose to move for school. He actually sees the kids more now than he did when we lived a few blocks apart. Anyway, our decree doesn't say anything about needing permission to move. My ex did, however, verbally agree that pursuing my education was a good idea.

Excuse my verbosity, and thanks for your help!

You still need to go through the proper channels to move the kids that far away. Dad will not be able to see them more frequently now. He can try to ask for custody i suppose, there is nothing you can do to stop him from filing. If you can prove the move was in the kids best interest and you have been providing all transportation, a judge may not give him custody. You should check with an attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back