My daughter needs help...any further advice i would highly appreciate it

Status
Not open for further replies.

LosingHope1689

I have a four year old daughter who has been abused by my husband's girlfriend. My husband and I have been seperated for 3 1/2 years now and all seemed well until he started dating his girlfriend. About 4 months into his girlfriend living with him and us having 50/50 custody of our daughter, little things started happening like my daughter coming home calling her mommy and becoming very timid and scared. Her behavior did not seem like herself and i started questioning her being in her fathers care when she came home with the first set of bruises. She was about 2 when her first set of bruises were found on both of her shoulders as if someone had grabbed her and squeezed her tight. She was unable to clarify how they had gotten there and could not express what had happened to her. The girlfriend was very aggressive as she would answer his phone and text me back pretending to be him. Thats when the court orders had started and little by little i was discovering new things about his girlfriend, very unsettling to any mother. It was then made so that the girlfriend was not to be present at the time of my daughter being with her father and that he was not to leave our daughter alone with anyone.

About a year and a half ago, September 23, 2012 my daughter had come home from being in her fathers care for about 48 hours, with bruises across her back, on her face and she had popped blood vessels on her face. He had called me up screaming about how she had bruises all over her and that he did not know where they came from. I immediatly rushed home to get to her in knowing that he had to of left her alone due to the fact that she was in his care for two days and "all of a sudden" there were bruises all over her and he had no clue as to how they had gotten there. When I had reached home my daughter was not herself at all. She was afraid to come to me curled up in a ball. I then took her to the hospital where the police were contacted, cps and detectives of the suffolk county police department. After hours of my daughter being looked at and questioned by numerous people, she had finally broke down and had expressed that my husbands girlfriend had "put her head under water while giving her a bath and fed her red yucky medicine." The detectives were able to take her statement and on her behave arrest his girlfriend on endangering the welfare of a minor. When they had went to arrest her they had found medicine in the cabinet that she was feeding to my daughter. Little did I know this wasn't the first time she had been arrested. His girlfriend had been arrested multiple times on drug abuse, drug possession charges, and child abuse on her own son.

She had pled guilty in family court on endangering the welfare of a minor and also in criminal court. There is currently an order of protection on behalf of my daughter who is now 4 years old. My husband has now had another child with this woman who has abused my daughter and he is more focused on having his girlfriend, her son and the new baby around my daughter rather than having a relationship with his daughter. He is doing nothing but endangering the safety and well-being of my child and I am absolutely disgusted with how the court system has been. My daughters voice has not been heard how it should be. He has broken every order in court we have had with no consequence. My daughter has been telling me recently that she has fed the new baby whom she is not suppose to be around and has been around his girlfriend and son which is also in our court order. The judge has been doing nothing but modifying our orders and he is doing what he pleases regardless of what the judge says.

I am scared for my daughter because I can not trust her safety in my husbands care no longer. I feel that I have exhausted almost all of my options that have been available to me and my daughter. I have spent thousands of dollars in legal fees and they are still building. My lawyer has pretty much said the judge is just pushing through our case and until something else happens to my daughter that nothing will really be done. I do not and will not wait for my daughter to be further injured because of my husbands carelessness. My daughter needs help and I am scared that something worse will happen. If anyone can help I would highly appreciate it.

It is impossible to prevent tragedy.

That said, vigilance is useful.

If something happens, contact the police.

You are required to obey all court orders.

He won't lose his paternal rights because others commit crimes and perpetrate harm to innocents.

First, I'm so sorry to hear such a painful story. I'm praying your daughter will be fine. With that being said, all you can do is let go & let GOD! Which can be easier said than done. I'm in a very similar situation. Unfortunately, my baby is non verbal, & younger. Have you considered recusal (of the judge)? My prayers are with you hon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back