My car

Kara1976

Jurisdiction
Mississippi
My husband left me for my best friend after having 4 affairs in last year. He forcefully removed me from my home. He won't let me have my car or anything else. I'm homeless...I have nothing. I was blessed enough to find a contruction job that picks me up for work but I no transportation. We have several vehicles. We had just bought my car so paperwork has not been completed. The bill of sale and insurance is in my name. He has the papers with him. I have photograghs only. We have not filed for divorce. What can I do to make him give me a vehicle? He has his own truck. I have to be able to take care of myself.

What can you do? There is only one thing you can do. Get yourself a lawyer and file for divorce. Seek an emergency order for possession of a vehicle and spousal support.

I know, you can't afford a lawyer.

Well, you can't afford not to have a lawyer and there are lawyers who will take your case and give you a payment plan or get their fees from your husband.

My husband left me for my best friend after having 4 affairs in last year. He forcefully removed me from my home. He won't let me have my car or anything else. I'm homeless...I have nothing. I was blessed enough to find a contruction job that picks me up for work but I no transportation. We have several vehicles. We had just bought my car so paperwork has not been completed. The bill of sale and insurance is in my name. He has the papers with him. I have photograghs only. We have not filed for divorce. What can I do to make him give me a vehicle? He has his own truck. I have to be able to take care of myself.

What he allegedly did to you, throwing you out of your home, can be remedied with a trip to a divorce lawyer.

I won't bore you with how, the lawyer will explain everything to you.
See and hire a lawyer today, four affairs in one year, throwing you out to conduct his fifth affair with a former friend, he needs to be your former spouse, ASAP.

Divorce the adulterous bum, get it started within the next 24 hours, no need to delay.

If the title is in your name then technically it's your car. And just because he may have forcibly removed you from your home (perhaps a lockout) doesn't mean he can do so legally. I agree with all the advice above and seeing if a payment plan can be arranged with a divorce attorney would certainly be something you must at least pursue and determine your options.

If you've got possessions which are still on the premises it's possible the police may help you retrieve them. Much of the time they will say it's a civil issue but I have occasionally heard of a car making a trip over in the hope of a temporary amicable resolution without further intervention. It's always worth asking.

Back