My boss doesnt believe me

Status
Not open for further replies.

kosmiclight03

My daughter worked at the same company that I do. She was fired recently due to a positive drug test. This had nothing to do with my job at the company. I am drug free and do not believe drugs should be sold on company grounds. I am a supervisor at the company and two employees came to me about another supervisor whom they seen selling drugs in the parking lot. I went to the owner of the company and he thought because of my daughter that I was retaliating against the other supervisor for telling on her. In this situation should I report it to the police since the owner is not doing anything about it?

If you put yourself in the owner's shoes, you can perhaps understand why the report you made to him is suspect. He's foolish to discount what you told him out of hand however.

No, I don't think you should go to the police. (a) That's really up to the business owner to decide whether to pursue (it's his property), and (b) what you know is third hand information. It's possible the employees are mistaken in what they saw or maybe have their own axe to grind against this supervisor.

I'd advise you to keep on the lookout for suspicious activity but until you have some first-hand knowledge of the situation, I don't think you'll be doing yourself any favors with the company owner by taking it upon yourself to notify the police.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back