My 15 yr old son acuused of forcing himself on a girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

lioness72371

Hello, my name is Naomi Keegan. I am in need of some assistance. My 15 year old son has been accused of holding a girl against her will and forcing her to let him put her hands down his pants. They said unlawful imprisonment and the other some kind of sexual assault charge. He was at his friend Ashley's house with 3 other boys this girl and Ashley's mother (who I am told was sleeping). The girl was in a room with one of the other boys "doing stuff" and then came out into the living room where my son and one of the other boys were and sat next to my son hugging him. They kissed for awhile and then they fell asleep on the couch together with her arm on him. They only slept a couple hours and then she got up talked to the other girl in another room came out and sat next to my son again leaning on him. She sat there for awhile like that and later told the other boy that my son forced her to let him put his hand down her pants and she was afraid to get up off the couch with him because she "thought" he wouldn't let her get up.
My question is, we are supposed to go talk to the officer tomorrow. He said he has to read my son his rights and get a statement from him and then he will release him to me and give me the two appearance tickets. Everyone keeps telling me not to let my son give a statement without a lawyer present but it is a Saturday and to be quite honest I am a single mother of three teenagers with limited means so I will have to go through legal aid but they don't open until Monday.
My son is the last person in the world that would ever do anything like this. I realize most parents must say that, but really, he is a very sweet kid. They call him the gentle giant, the football coach always yelled at him to be more aggressive, and he has awful anxiety and to be quite honest does not have the guts to do bad things. I can't let this happen to him because this girl doesn't want the other boy to be mad at her.

What should I do?

I would recommend you politely decline the offer to speak to the officer until you have had a chance to talk to counsel. Alternatively, you can decline altogether and wait to see if they pursue charges in court. If a case is filed he'll be eligible for an attorney paid at the public's expense.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back