1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Music contract help!

Discussion in 'Employment Contracts & Work Policies' started by Contractneedhelp, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Contractneedhelp

Contractneedhelp Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    Other
    Hi! Thank you for taking your time and reading my thread.
    I am currently in a situation where I need legal help and I don't have the money to actually buy it.

I am a music producer and I feel the need to expand more. Therefore I have contacted a couple of managers. Several have now sent me contracts. However, I feel like I need to be very carefull in these contracts since I do not fully know what is actually being said in them, since I am not a lawyer or have legal knowledge. Point is, I do not want to sign away my life when I am going to sign a contract. I am pretty much lost right now. On one side I could be signing this contract, growing bigger than I could have imagined as an artist but, on the other side, I could be signing this contract and paying the manager's bills for the next 10 years or so.

I have attached the file. I know it may be a bunch to read but if you bother to do so and explain it/give me a list of what it says, then thanks a ton!

I have removed the names, emails and numbers for privacy (you know how it is).

2. ElleMD

ElleMD Well-Known Member

This is not the place to get a contract reviewed for free. This is one of those times you really need to bite the bullet and pay for an attorney to review the contracts and explain them to you.

KatDini likes this.
  3. ElleMD

ElleMD Well-Known Member

4. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

OP, Elle gave you solid information on which you can make an informed decision.

I'll add that this is a US based law forum.
    You're posting from one of the Benelux nations.
    We are barely able to interpret US laws, and we know nothing about law in the Netherlands, sorry.

5. Betty3

Betty3 Super Moderator

Any time a contract is involved it is always best to take it to a contract lawyer in YOUR AREA for review & advice.