Moving out at 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winnie

I'm 15 and I've been having problems with my mom for a while everytime we argue she ends up hitting me and hitting me My mom is very controlling btw and my dad can never stand up to her I've finally gotten sick of it and I'm trying to move out my boyfriend said I could live with his family , but my mom said if I leave she'll cops can I just get emancipated now because of the situation I don't want to live with any relatives only because they live in another state and family friends I don't live their living situation don't get me wrong I love my parents but I can't deal with being hit over tiny arguments it's always going to be like this in September I'm going to be a junior in December I'm turning 16 is it even legal for my mom to call the cops on my boyfriend parents if they let me stay with them ? my boyfriend lives close to the school I go to also that's another reason I would rather stay there .

Short answer: No, you cannot get emancipated.

Yes your parents can call the cops on your boyfriend's parents if they interfere with your parents' custody of you.

is it even legal for my mom to call the cops on my boyfriend parents if they let me stay with them ?

You betcha it's legal for your mom to call the cops on your boyfriend's parents if they let you stay with them. Your boyfriend's parents can go to JAIL if they let you stay there against your parents wishes.

You do not meet any of the requirements for emancipation.

If you are being physically abused, call CPS. But until you are 18 and not one single minute earlier, you do not get to choose where you live. You live where your parents say you live unless the state decides to remove you from the home, and if that happens you live where the state says you live. And you may rest assured that it will NOT be with your boyfriend's parents. The state's not stupid.

Winnie, you'll be 18 one day and you can go anywhere you want to go.
Until then, try to go with the flow.
Being an adult, much like everything in life isn't all it's cracked up to be, Winnie.
You think I'm crazy for saying that, but by the time you're 30 years old you'll understand why I say that and oh, so much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back