Motion to clarify child support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kattilac1

I was told my child support recovery that I need to write a motion to clarify child support. In my divorce decree, which was done online, by my ex, it states I pay $50.00 insurance for our 4 year old. I agreed to this. I also agreed to $500.00 a month child support. In the decree it shows the $50 insurance, but shows a total of child support at $550. That is the total amount, support and insurance. It also states I am not responsible for insurance, so this whole time ( over a year) Ive been paying her $50 a month insurance, and $500 support, total $550. We did not go thru CSR, I sent a check for $550 to the courthouse, and they sent on to her. I had my daughter for the month of July, the 1-August 3. I did not pay her the $550 as I had custody. I told her before hand that I wasnt paying her, and she didnt raise a fuss. August 1 I got a letter and several calls from CSR docking my paycheck for back child support, as she wanted the money for the month I had her. Now, I am trying to get my support down to the $500 we agreed on, since the divorce shows the insurance, I should only be paying the $500. And feel that since I was not liable for the insurance, and she is trying for the back support, can I get the $50 a month for over a year ago back? And the main question, I was told to get the motion to clarify, with my divorce as title on it, but I cannot find any forms anywhere, they will not help me at all.

So, question 1, how do I write a motion to clarify support? In IA.

Question 2, can I fight for the $ back I paid that was not necassary?

You can not get the excess child support back. You paid it, its either child support or a gift. Past that, I've never hear of a Motion to Clairfy Child Support. Possibly you are looking for a Declarative Judgment. You need an attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back