mother faults afied your Name/Idenity your whole life

Status
Not open for further replies.

nameless

Mother had different name on my birth record an got my SSN under another name which Ive always gone by. Now that there the homeland security laws I have to go by my legal name which Is my birth name.. sucks but ok. Well Cali. Or Oregon will give me my Driver licence due to my names not linking together. An my mom put with-held on my father part of my birth cert. She refuses to tell any of her 3 kids about there fathers. Shes been telling me shed help get things straitened out with my ID but is refusing to. The Dr. Gave her 6 mo. To live over a year ago I need to know what legal rights I have with that all. Time is A issue. I'm now living on streets an cant get A job, help from gov. An they Wouldn't let me sign up for school either. I'm in my 40's an I have cut her outta my life due to the hurtful selfish ways of her. Someone before she dies needs to get her to tell the truth or I'm stuck living like this forever. Born in Cali. An in Oregon She had got my drivers license when I was 15 an didn't use my birth name nor did I know it was different. Do I press charges against her for mess my life my Idenity up. I have 2 kids an grandbaby that also has the name I've always went by on there birth record. What are my options with this all ?

You're 40 years old, huh?
How about looking into your high school years?
Check with the state or county agency where your birth is recorded.
Somehow you've existed for 40 years.
This is no legal issue, unless it involves illegal immigration....

Yah.. crazy 40 years Ive gone by a fake moreless name not knowing it wasnt really who I was but since my Oregon Drivers License said so It gotta be true. Not knowing the day would come when they wont let me have any kind of ID because it all dont link together in there system as 1 person. Oh an I did check county where born . They had my birth certif. So I tried both named in both state with results of nothing. Dont know where to go from here.

Last edited:
Yah.. crazy 40 years Ive gone by a fake moreless name not knowing it wasnt really who I was but since my Oregon Drivers License said so It gotta be true. Not knowing the day would come when they wont let me have any kind of ID because it all dont link together in there system as 1 person. Oh an I did check county where born . They had my birth certif. So I tried both named in both state with results of nothing. Dont know where to go from here.

I don't see your dying mother confessing to anything at this late date.
Even if she did, it might make things worse.
The documents you possess may all have been faked, or created out of whole cloth by your mom to complete her scam.
Your one hope is to beg your mom to come clean.
I doubt that it'll help you clean this up, but at least you'll know the "truth".

"Maybe" a lawyer might be able to help you with this mess/have some suggestions.

This really isn't that unusual a situation and is not the reason you can't go to school, get a job or support yourself at the age of 40. Stop blaming Mom as your life after 18 is not her fault. If your SSN and drivers license match, you can legally work. No need for a birth certificate at all. I've never needed a BC to enroll in any school beyond elementary.

File for a legal name change if you want everything to match. The forms are free online.

Or, just change the name on your Social Security card to match your BC. In daily life you may use any name you want. https://faq.ssa.gov/ics/support/kbanswer.asp?deptID=34019&task=knowledge&questionID=3749

I've tried every angle that I thought of with her to find out an her knowing I don't have the info or money to straighten her mess out with this all ! Shows how easy it was to get an be schooled and an ID in this country with out any legal documents. But now the 911 homeland security laws that's changed. But sadly enough not her.

I tried to go under either name but they won't because they said that the 2 don't link together. So I don't even have A way of proving that there both the same person or any info to give them to go on to straighten it out !

If I wanted to blame my mom for any of the messed up parenting or no parenting she did I would definitely have the right but since she left her kids on the streets an took off for months at a time an not knowing where or when or if she was even comin back or not. I was 13 that last time with my 8 yr. Old brother an Thx. God I had a cpl. Friends that had already came of age that we bounced around between them for awhile in between town. That went on for yrs. Before too. Anyhow.. I don't need an excuse to blame her because that's just one thing That made her A bad parent. But it was what it was.. I don't blame her for much out of all the crap when I was younger but this mess with my I'D because she's selfish an don't care about her kids is Way Wrong.. I'm an Adult An Need some info from her.. My gosh my 2 boys an my grandson all have the name I've been usen when it ain't even A birth record for it. So excuse me for thinking that I would try this for Ideas in case someone else has gone threw it an could point me in A direction that could help . But Thanks for letting me know that My life is like this by my choice. Sorry I'm not big on pitty. My mom had it covered. But You Have A Happy Thanksgiving !

if you don't have ID then here you can't sign up to go to college or a Bir.Cert. For k-12 school now to. Other wise our country seems to educate terrorist with false names too.

There's nothing your mother could tell you that would ever get you legal status.
You are smart.
You have figured it out.
It is what it is.
There are other countries.
People are emigrating out of the USA daily.
No one is keeping me here, you either.
My wife and I have already initiated our exit plan.
We have legally obtained authorization to live in Belize.
We bought a home in Belize last spring, and I've been down there twice.
My wife has been once.
If you like the USA, stay.
If you dislike it, leave.
Whatever you feel, you're free to speak your piece (for all the good that does)!
No one owes me, you, or anyone a darn thing.
Once you acknowledge that, you begin to do for yourself.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Obtain a certified copy of your birth certificate and file in court pro se to have your name change to the one on your ss card. One wonders if the ss number you have been using is fraudulent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back