Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant Motel search/seizure no warrant drug task force

Status
Not open for further replies.

nh1228

Question:
Ex landlord called drug task force after she found burned syringe over the fence of the rented property. I was in motel and drug task force came to the door. I said NO when they asked to come in and I said NO when they asked to searched. They did it anyway. They took 3 legal guns, silencer along with silencer ATF tax stamp. They gave me a receipt for the guns. They only listed the guns as evidence although they took 4 vials of anabolics and about 50 lortab. I have not been charged or arrested. I want to retrieve $2500 in firearms but they dont answer phone cals or return calls. They have an invalid email and just a P.O.box as an address. They did not have a warrant and took things that were not ilegal such as natural supplements and jewelry. They took everything of value. To much to list. But I just want my guns back how do I go about this. I suffer from chronic fatigue and severe depresion and this has made me worry for almost 3 months. I dont sleep well from the stress anymore ........just waiting is making me a wreck.

Is somone in custody? No, formal charges not yet filed
I have never been arrested

Certainly you have the name of the agency involved. Call them and find out. If they have a bad e-mail and only a Post Office Box (and no phone number), you might want to confirm with the local police if these guys were really law enforcement officers.

- Carl

Would I have a case to sue the task force for theft/loss of happiness?

Also the landlord lied to us to get us out to rent for higher tenant? she originally said she sold the house to her nephew but the next day we went to pick up mail and spoke to the NEW RENTER. We had to relocate really fast and lost alot of money in relocation storage expenses and inconvenience. Is there a possible suit there?

Are you sure the people that did this were actually police?

Could you please let me know how it is legal to have a silencer, and how one gets an ATF stamp on it? I'm probably wrong, but I thought silencers are illegal at all times.

As far as getting your guns back, is it worth the amount of money you would have to spend defending yourself on drug charges (Unless the anabolics and Lortab are legal.)

Strange Case. Again, maybe they weren't even police. . .

Could you please let me know how it is legal to have a silencer, and how one gets an ATF stamp on it? I'm probably wrong, but I thought silencers are illegal at all times.
It's a pain in the rear, and tons of redtape . . . but there is a process whereby law abiding citizens can own silencers, and fully automatic weapons.
My personal weapons include 2 BARs and 6 Thompsons . . . among other
firearms

And have you verified that these folks are the real police?

- Carl

They are real Drug task force agents and really known to be crooked since its a small town.

Its legal to get a silencer in most states with a $200 tax stamp and waiting 2-3 months for the stamp to arrive. As long as you pass the background check. BTW Silencers arent whispers like on TV they just lower the decibels by 30-50. Only on a .22 can you truly get but the sound of the click.

Sounds like you guys are saying I should let it go even though they had no warrant and pressed no charges? He did say he had 2 years to indict me.

They are real Drug task force agents and really known to be crooked since its a small town.
Being a small town doesn't mean they are crooked. And "known" doesn't mean much either. All the criminals in my town - and one newspaper - thinks our local drug task force is heavy-handed, doesn't mean they are.

So, they are still answerable to someone. You just have to call that person or organization. If the task force is operated under state guidance (like they are out here) then some state agency would be providing oversight.

If they plan to indict you for the drugs, you can kiss the gun stuff good bye. You might consider hiring an attorney.

- Carl

Probably right. They gave me an evidence receipt but all it lists are the guns not drugs....Why didn't they cuff me that day or charge me?.......it's been three months now.

Since we do live on a farm and the steroids were for horses one of the agents was seen looking at the farm. He did see the horses. I believe they just want to auction off my stuff to raise money for the agency.

The agent actually lives near me and I went to his house and spoke to his woman. He wasnt there. His house has been shot at in the past from what I heard.

We even have a mutual friend and that friend told him he sold me the steroids for the older horse to relieve pain and extend it's life. He just told my friend that he had two years to decide to indict me.

Im still wondering if the evidence reciept should have listed all he took and not just guns? does that matter or can he just a kilo of whatever and plant it as evidence at his leisure ?

I would think the decision to indict would be on the prosecutor, and not some narcotics cowboy.

I do believe you when you say they are corrupt. The "Tri County Narcotics Squad" around where I live have "settled" countless times, and are basically a bunch of men-boys who have seen to many films. There actually was a time where they took a man's photo album, which included naked pictures of him and women, and spread them around town. That cost them. They've revealed their "C.I.s" around town in bars. . . etc. They truly are idiots.

It sounds like this agent you know gets his rocks off playing with people's anxieties, a true power-freak. He probably has some kind of sex dungeon in his basement.

I would assume the lortab wasn't listed because the police cowboys want to use it in some way, and don't think you'll argue to get it back for some reason. From what I've read, Lortab is a relatively low-grade opiate, kind of like codeine, is that right? Maybe instead of taking it to "plant" they are going to pretend to sell it. Or, maybe one of them has a taste for it.

If they are corrupt as you say, perhaps other people have been put in a similar situation. Is there any way to do some research via google or newspapers to see if there have been any lawsuits or complaints? Perhaps contacting a defense attorney is the best way to go.

Good Luck to you. Of all the threads I've ever read on these forums, this one is by far the most interesting! Please keep us appraised of the situation!

I did speak to three attorneys from the area one attorney has over 25 years as a judge and supreme court. He said he would love to bury them.........every lawyer I spoke too in the area knew who the agent was and spoke horribly about the drug task force and specifically that agent. The best attorney wants 5k and promised to bury them and get my stuff back.........Im wondering if theres a statute of limitations for filing suet against this?

These agents came in without consent and I said no to entering and the search. 4th amendment is suppose to protect against this.

The lortab were a year old and yes they are very week narcotic.....pretty much like taking Tylenol or a codeine tab.

Like I said all attorneys in the area have received complaints about this agent and were all pissed off to hear me bring up his name.

My take on it was that he's trying to torture me with time. I will have the money for an attorney next month. Im really pissed off not tortured by time. I feel like ive been robbed especially since I wasnt the only one who lived in the house the syringe was found but they only targeted me. I think a little racial bullshit was involved. Im White hispanic living near the KKK. lol

Last edited:
Im wondering if theres a statute of limitations for filing suet against this?

I'm positive there is.

White Hispanic? Again, is there any way you can get the FBI involved for a civil rights violation?

Actually, I'm NOT a fan, but. . .err. . . call the A.C.L.U.?

Maybe mention to the next attorney you'd like to sue for "Intentional infliction of Emotional Distress." It varies by State how this works, and is hard as hell to prove, but with a pissed off enough jury who knows.

I'm way out of my league on this topic, for the most part. It just intrigues me, so I'm basically trying to think of things to do without having ever worked on such things myself.

Good luck! And thanks for keeping us all informed.

By white hispanic I mean I look completely like a white boy but im Hispanic puertorican. My grandparents are from spain which is why my complection is pale.

But this started because the landlord found a burned syringe near the property line. It was not found in the house nor on the property line.....just near it.

They did not call the task force on the renter ( my friend) which would have made sense they specifically asked for me. I was just living with my friend and her daughter. They targeted me for no reason I cant understand accept the possibility of racial or/and gender discrimination. I hate to think it's racial but I cant understand any other reason they would target me especially since they know im sick. I have a mitochondrial disorder which leads to chronic fatigue and depression.

The landlord even sent us a letter, a month before this incident, in which she states how we were all the best tenants she ever had. I always made sure the rent was paid 10 days in advance.

When I was in the motel which was located in the busy intersection of town I had my car and uhaul trailer parked in front of the motel office so there was no way the task force new which room I was in unless the landlord staked me out and waited for me to exit to get food. This is how they must have known where I was. My room was about 15 yards from the front desk.

The task force didnt ask the front desk. I have a letter from the motel operator stating she had no knowledge this happened.

Also the landlord lied about selling the house to her nephew to get rid of us to rent to another for a higher price. Can she be sued for causing all this distress? she had us move in 30 days and kept lying about selling when her intent was to get rid of us and get another to make money.......she pushed us by saying the mortgage company was closing and we had to be out. Anything there????

BTW thank you all for your time and responses. This has been therapeutic and informational. I really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back