Misdemeanor dometic battery charge, no conviction, and re-entry to the

godhelpus

I am an immigrant on H1B visa who had a very unfortunate family incident where I was arrested and charged with misdemeanor domestic battery. I have a dropped case and all the charges were dropped.

Since this was my first brush with the law, I was allowed to enroll to a pre-trial diversion program, which I already attended and have completed the counseling courses. My case will be expunged in several months.

My questions are:

After the dismissal, in case I do foreign travel, will I have issues in the re-entry to the US?
Will I have problems in the Green Card application?
Will I have problems in getting stamping when I return to US?

I am an immigrant on H1B visa who had a very unfortunate family incident where I was arrested and charged with misdemeanor domestic battery. I have a dropped case and all the charges were dropped.

Since this was my first brush with the law, I was allowed to enroll to a pre-trial diversion program, which I already attended and have completed the counseling courses. My case will be expunged in several months.

My questions are:

After the dismissal, in case I do foreign travel, will I have issues in the re-entry to the US?
Will I have problems in the Green Card application?
Will I have problems in getting stamping when I return to US?

We can't assure you what the US government or its agents will do to you, or for you.
You could HIRE yourself an immigration lawyer, and see what he or she advises.

Or, you could go directly to the horse's mouth, and not his hiney. Ask the government agency that decides such things:

www.uscis.gov

Last edited:
Back