Minor and "Adult" Dating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forevermore

I am 15 turning 16 on November 23. This guy is turning 18 on July 24. I like him and he likes me. Is it illegal if we date and we aren't sexually active?

There are no laws in any state which say who may DATE. There are laws in every state regarding who may have sexual contact.

Since you are a minor, it is up to your parents who you may DATE. If they say no, then you cannot. Your boyfriend is almost 18 & an adult.

I am 15 turning 16 on November 23. This guy is turning 18 on July 24. I like him and he likes me. Is it illegal if we date and we aren't sexually active?

I suggest you contact your parents or guardians and discuss this with them.

The 17 year old should also speak to his parents or guardians.

Your parents have the supreme say over what you do.

No one on this site can give you permission to do anything.

If laws get broken, anything a stranger says won't help the person that is arrested.

As stated there are no laws that define or restrict "dating". It when sex or sexual contact occurs that the law applies. Keep in mind that the sexual contact does not have to be physical here is brief incomplete of unlawful actions

Groping
Fondling
Dry humping
Sexually themed text, talk, chat, calls, emails
exchange of nude or sexual pics and videos

and the list goes on. Lets put it this way if you wouldn't do it with your sibling its probably illegal.

& Fl. is a state that very strictly enforces their sexual contact laws & punishments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back