middle name problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

fkay10

My jurisdiction is: arizona, USA

My sister on her birth certificate has a middle name (which she doesn't like) and she married and (without any legal change) decided she wanted to use her maiden name as her middle name. So she uses the first initial of her maiden name as her middle name. Can she legally do that?

Sure. She could call herself Scooby Doo if she likes.

Now, if she's using it for some sort of fraudulent purpose, that's a different story. What's it to you?

Sure. She could call herself Scooby Doo if she likes.

Now, if she's using it for some sort of fraudulent purpose, that's a different story. What's it to you?

That is correct and accurate.

It was intended as hyperbole, not sarcasm. I beg your pardon if it is unseemly to make light of the situation. It is also true: she can generally go by whatever name she pleases.

Actually it's even in the spirit of odd name changes. Take "P Diddy" and, my personal favorite, "Chad Ocho Cinco." If you don't know who he is, do a search on the name. Actually, I take that back. Worst name change ever goes to "Dot Com Guy" which was a casualty of the bursting of the dot com bubble. You'd be amazed at normal this story is with an initial in comparison.

Dot Com Guy was some ordinary Joe with a regular name and decided he'd be the latest reality TV idiot of the dot com generation. He tried to get sponsors to fund his staying in his home for 1 year and not leaving, living just by ordering items from the Internet. He set up several cameras in the house so interest people with even less of a life than his own could watch him 24/7. He ended up getting a girlfriend too. During the middle of this self love fest he changed his name legally to "Dot Com Guy" - I'm not kidding. Well, as you'd guess, his limited sponsors pulled out, the girl left him, and his whole effort went into the ground - and he was still left with an albatross around his neck, that being his new name! True story, crazy as it may seem... what a world we live in today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back