Mental Health Thread #8 - Fall is here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also curious if childcare is an issue. There's a member of my team who regularly leaves about five minutes early. That five minutes makes a difference as to what bus she can make, and getting the earlier bus means she's on time to pick up her kids. Her day care provider charges a late fee of dollar a minute per child, so every minute she is late costs her an additional $2. She's the only one on the team with small children - several of us have adult kids, but she's the only one with kids still in need of childcare, so we try to work her schedule around to give her that little break. She's a good worker and will always pick up extra's, so since we learned that was the issue we've been more tolerant.

That's nice, cbg.............................

Feels like I'm always accommodating child care issues. I've had a few ee's with husbands who would share the responsibility, but mostly it's the mother.

There is someone in our office who keeps insisting there is plowable snow coming in Sunday. Neither The Weather Channel nor Accuweather appears to be aware of this. If she invokes another snowstorm I may have to kill her.

I just heard on the weather channel Boston will be getting snow this weekend along with where I am. I don't know if it will be changed or happen though.

TWC locally doesn't seem to know that. Accuweather thinks we might have some snow Monday-Tuesday and then turn to rain.

Who really knows - sometimes we just have to wait & see. We are predicted to get 3-5 inches total Sat. until sometime Sunday. I heard Boston is to get 3 inches this weekend & then more first part of next week which should be enough to break the all time record for most snow fall for Boston in a winter.

Yep, now I'm seeing the report locally. 4-7 inches Sunday into Monday. I brought my work laptop home just in case. I'm going to kill her for invoking a new storm.

ETA: I just looked more closely. My South Shore town is looking at 4-7 inches of snow with a winter weather advisory. Cambridge, where I work, is showing a 20-30% chance of snow showers over the same period.

Last edited:
I heard this morning possible 8 inches SE Ma. & 6 inches around Boston this weekend with another storm next week. They changed us from 3-5 to 5-7 inches this weekend. They said we are just on the edge of the 5-7 - we shall see. :(

20's and 30's last week, tomorrow or Wednesday is supposed to be in the 70's, then back to cold.

On Friday I texted my sister who lives in Amarillo and she said that they had just gotten 4 or 5 inches of new snow there and that a couple of weeks ago it got up to 78 on Sunday and was back down in the 20's the following Wednesday. Craziness. (Just for the record, it's still running 45 - 50 degrees and sunny here).

An tx, I totally agree with the childcare issues being a pain in the neck. One of my coworkers has a youngish son and is always coming in late, or staying home in bad weather because he is off school. It is nice she gets that flexibility but the work still needs to get done and it falls to the rest of us. Even if she "stays late" to make up the time, the work has largely been already taken care of. Meanwhile the rest of us are working late because we need to get our work done the we didn't get to as we were covering for her.

Word of advice, if you're going to try and pass off a home made insurance card, use the correct spelling of the vehicle make and model. Just sayin it's kind of a red flag if you claim to have insurance on a Doge Mangun.

Word of advice, if you're going to try and pass off a home made insurance card, use the correct spelling of the vehicle make and model. Just sayin it's kind of a red flag if you claim to have insurance on a Doge Mangun.

Or a Ford "Exploder" (saw that one recently on a loan application).

Is it a little bit questionable when a person's fiancé has a baby 8 months after the "father" gets out of jail? And baby does not appear to be premature? Maybe I just have a suspicious nature.

Hmmmm - that is suspicious! ................ :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back