Mental Health Thread #5 - It's a New Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep your fingers crossed for me. About to lose another good employee and will have a hard time replacing unless the PTB will increase wages.
At least they are listening and considering.

Will do - hope it works out for you.

Keep your fingers crossed for me. About to lose another good employee and will have a hard time replacing unless the PTB will increase wages.
At least they are listening and considering.

We've lost several in the last three months moving to better paying jobs. Just had a comp survey run last year but I finding that it's low, especially in the panhandle.
LDA

Got it!

We've lost some to pay that was just way out of our reach, but this one was not all that far off. The problem is when you bump one you have to bump others.
It kind of helped I think that the boss did some math first and came up with an annual increase that was about 4 times too high. So when I said oh no, it's
only 1/4 of that it sounded a lot better.

It has been a very rough week capped off by an evening that is the stuff of nightmares and bad TV movies. At work today but I feel like my brain is wrapped in cotton. Wish me luck.

I'm sorry, Elle. I hope your days start getting better.

It is going to be rough for a while but the crisis part is over. Now to try and fake productivity and motivation today.

I know "some" of what has been going on from what you posted elsewhere - glad the crisis is over. Hopefully things will now start getting better.

The kids mama gets every 5th Saturday off. Did she spend it with her kids? Nope she didn't come get them until 3 o'clock. Did it occur to her that maybe we'd like to have a Saturday off?
Then my DH picks them up at 5:00 Sunday afternoon and they say they're hungry because they haven't had anything to eat all day. I'm going to question the 8 yr old this evening. I really hope
they were exagerating.

The kids mama gets every 5th Saturday off. Did she spend it with her kids? Nope she didn't come get them until 3 o'clock. Did it occur to her that maybe we'd like to have a Saturday off?
Then my DH picks them up at 5:00 Sunday afternoon and they say they're hungry because they haven't had anything to eat all day. I'm going to question the 8 yr old this evening. I really hope
they were exagerating.

I hope they were exaggerating too. :(

they were exagerating.

Of course it didn't occur to her that maybe you'd like to have a Saturday off....you're there for her convenience, the same way she wants to be a mom when it's convenient for her. (Can you tell I have had some experience with parents like this?!) What you want or need, or for that matter, what the kids want or need, doesn't enter into the picture in her mind.

I sure hope the kids were exaggerating when they said they hadn't eaten all day.

The child swears she is telling the truth even when I told her I would have to talk to her Mom about it.

Last edited:
lie detector test (just kidding) If it's true, that's a shame that they hadn't eaten all day. :(

Well when the two kids have different stories they both have to sit in the hall together until somebody decides to fess up. Wonder if I can sit Mama in the hall.

Everyone who's in the path of the storm, stay safe!

I'm home safely (perfectly DREADFUL driving conditions and visibility) and will be working from home tomorrow. If the university is open, which seems questionable at best.

I heard on the Weather Channel that Boston was getting snow & fairly strong winds. Glad you're safe.

It's 20 here currently - much colder tomorrow & then warmer again. The temperatures keep changing from day to day. One day it will be below average & the next day sunny & above average.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back