Mental Health Thread #10-Fall is Coming

I didn't care for him at all. I asked him roughly what a procedure like this would cost if insurance wouldn't cover it and he said "you can't afford it." Then he told me how much and lo and behold, I could if I wanted to.

It has been 5 years today (5-14-16) since Patty Young passed away. I miss her posting on the forums. cbg, remember when you worked overnight & Patty & I would be up late & we would do a 3 way IM.

PS- cbg, Happy anniversary to you & your husband.

Yes, I remember getting the phone call from Patty's boyfriend (She was Peppermint on this forum) and making some of the calls to friends so that he wouldn't have to. Patty's death is always tied to my anniversary.

Thanks, Betty. <3

Waited a month for an appointment with a surgeon to see about my DH possible getting hearing aid implants. Both DH and I missed 1/2 day of work for the surgeon to tell us "I'm moving soon so I won't be able to do the surgery, you'll have to see someone else."

I just caught this. Are you considering BAHA? I'm SSD and have used a set of BiCROS hearing aids for 4 years with good results. Be happy to discuss if you want to send me a private message.

I just caught this. Are you considering BAHA? I'm SSD and have used a set of BiCROS hearing aids for 4 years with good results. Be happy to discuss if you want to send me a private message.
I've never heard of BAHA, but apparently there aren't any surgeons in our town right now so the nearest one would be 3 - 4 hours away and probably requiring several follow up visits. We're going to wait a bit for now.

My brother was fired when he had a stroke and went to his job to discuss his FMLA rights and return to work. The supervisor had never heard of FMLA and told him, "well you can understand it's not fair to expect us to wait for you." The guy wrote up his termination papers as if he quit and said he did so on purpose because "in 25 years nobody has ever gotten unemployment off of me." Well he can't say that anymore!!!
Sad to think how many people in all those years were entitled to unemployment and didn't get it because they didn't know any better.

My brother was fired when he had a stroke and went to his job to discuss his FMLA rights and return to work. The supervisor had never heard of FMLA and told him, "well you can understand it's not fair to expect us to wait for you." The guy wrote up his termination papers as if he quit and said he did so on purpose because "in 25 years nobody has ever gotten unemployment off of me." Well he can't say that anymore!!!
Sad to think how many people in all those years were entitled to unemployment and didn't get it because they didn't know any better.

Wow, I hope he called the DOL on the FMLA violation!

Yeah, really, everyone doesn't know their rights & how to "fight" for them.

It would be an interesting statistic to see how many times on this forum somebody writes "I can't afford an attorney."

Back