Medical Marijuana & Voluntary Cps Drug Testing.

yannasmom

Cps came to my house, i didn't let them in but instead talked outside with my baby in my arms. Then they talked to my my spouse, asked if he would drug test the following Monday, he signed the paper not fully understanding it was VOLUNTARY. They also want to see our daughter since she wasn't present when they showed up. They will come test him tomorrow and of course he will be dirty since he uses it in a medicinal manner.
My question is can they take our kids??
They have food, clothes, my 2yr old has her own room, we take good care of them! He just uses marijuana for his insomnia.

CAN they take your children? If they have sufficient cause to believe the children are at risk, maybe. We do not know what they know.

Now, if dad smokes marijuana in anyplace that might expose the kids to the smoke, then, yes, they can and should take the kids.

And it's interesting that he uses marijuana for "insomnia" since marijuana most often boosts the heart rate (up to double) and tends to lead to sleeplessness. While it tends to dull the mind giving the facade of one who is tired or lethargic, it has the opposite physiological effects.

He might want to do a couple of things: One, consult an attorney before he tests (perhaps even delaying or declining to take the test). And, two, find an alternative method of dealing with his insomnia.

CPS is likely to consider his claim a dodge so that he can indulge in his drug of choice. If there is any chance at all that his consumption places the children at risk, or that he is the caregiver for the children after having smoked marijuana, then CPS may have a good case to present to a judge in order to remove the children from the home at least temporarily. If CPS is involved, it's clear they already have SOME evidence that something is amiss. It may be time to consult legal counsel and make some lifestyle changes.

The different types of marijuana are used for different reasons. He uses indicas because that's what is best for insomnia. He does not use around my children or care for them while under the influence, and we dont keep any of it in our home. I am the primary caregiver and I'm always sober. The reason they came has nothing to do with marijuana or us neglecting our children. It was because of a domestic disturbance call since we had been arguing loudly late at night.

If he does not use in the home and none of it is kept in the home, how is he using it? Does he drive somewhere, get high, and then drive home?

And if the reason for the call was solely because of a domestic disturbance, why the request for him to get drug tested, and not you? Clearly, they know a little more than you think. It may have been as a result of the police interaction that night (one or both of you admitted that he gets high, or maybe he was exhibiting symptoms when the police were there, etc.), but it seems evident that they had some other reason to suspect he was using drugs.

And, indica or not, the physiological effects remain - it tends to elevate the pulse rate. If it helps him sleep, it is more than likely a psychosomatic reaction, not a physiological one.

He uses it at night time, to go to sleep. It's for insomnia not throughout the day and he doesn't smoke most of the time, he prefers edibles or vaporizers. They asked him to drug test because he has a criminal record, not drug record. I have NO record. And I honestly believe somebody who dislikes him called because nobody knows he uses marijuana, yet they claimed he has history of substance abuse but I've personally looked at his record and he has nothing like that.

The record YOU saw may not be the record that CPS or the police have.

But, my thoughts are the same: Consult an attorney prior to any drug testing, and, consider alternative treatments for his insomnia.

You mention that he does not use marijuana around "my children." If this statement indicates that these children are not his, then this situation could provide an opportunity for their father to seek custody if they are seen as in a potentially unsafe environment. This is another reason why the advice of legal counsel would be valuable.

The reporter might be the BIO-DAD, if the weed smoker (eater) isn't the BIO-DAD.
I'd advise the weed user to refuse any voluntary drug testing.
If the court doesn't order it, I'd never do it.
Good luck.

Sorry for the confusion, it's just a habit. They are both of our kids.
Wouldn't refusing make them suspicious? I just don't want to get my kids taken.

Talk to an attorney before anyone does a drug test.

Sorry for the confusion, it's just a habit. They are both of our kids.
Wouldn't refusing make them suspicious? I just don't want to get my kids taken.

If you're worried about being parents, why not convince the weed eater, smoker, sniffer to disappear OR stop eating, smoking, snorting, sniffing weed.

The kids or the dope.

If you're worried about being parents, why not convince the weed eater, smoker, sniffer to disappear OR stop eating, smoking, snorting, sniffing weed.

The kids or the dope.

First of all you can't sniff marijuana, but thanks for your judgemental and slightly rude comment. Obviously we have now discussed different options for living situations and to medicate. Not that it's any of your business, but we NEVER thought him having a medical marijuana card could be grounds for our children to be taken from parents who actually care for them.

First of all you can't sniff marijuana, but thanks for your judgemental and slightly rude comment. Obviously we have now discussed different options for living situations and to medicate. Not that it's any of your business, but we NEVER thought him having a medical marijuana card could be grounds for our children to be taken from parents who actually care for them.
It's called sarcasm.
Frankly I don't care what he does with his dope.
I'm not the police or CPS.
You made it the world's business by blabbing on a public forum.

Back