Medical Malpractice Medical malpractice. Statute of limitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kjm63

I had eye surgery almost 3 years ago. I am wondering I can still claim malpractice. The surgery was unnecessary and has not healed properly and caused nerve damage.

I had eye surgery almost 3 years ago. I am wondering I can still claim malpractice. The surgery was unnecessary and has not healed properly and caused nerve damage.

If you have a case, you start by speaking with a local attorney in the county where the alleged medical malpractice took place.

The attorney will advise you about SOL and other matters.

You could be better off by speaking to three or four attorneys and deciding which one you prefer, assuming you have a case that is of any interest to an attorney.

Last edited:
The SOL depends on the state. Talk to a lawyer though as suggested.

You should absolutely talk to a local attorney. However, keep in mind that bad outcome does not always mean malpractice and whether or not a treatment is "unnecessary" is often a matter of opinion.

I'm not trying to discourage you, but med mal is very expensive to litigate and takes a very long time with often no guarantee of success. A med mal attorney can help you determine how likely it is that you have a case worth pursuing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back