Medical malpractice, negligence

Status
Not open for further replies.

timina77

Jurisdiction
Michigan
I had surgery January 2015 to remove a fallopian tube that caused pain and was damaged. I went to a hospital months after surgery because I had pain and was told I had a cyst. Last week I had a different kind of pain more intense and found out the tube was never removed. Is there anything I can do?

I had surgery January 2015 to remove a fallopian tube that caused pain and was damaged. I went to a hospital months after surgery because I had pain and was told I had a cyst. Last week I had a different kind of pain more intense and found out the tube was never removed. Is there anything I can do?

The 1st thing I'd do is seek a medical exam to determine if my health is in jeopardy.

Once my medical issues have been addressed, I'd discuss my legal issues with a couple lawyers in my county.

The initial consultation is provided free of charge.

After those meetings I'd have a better idea of what remedies are available to me.

Today my only focus would be on my health.

Definitely! My new doctor said my tube is full of fluid and that's what they said before. Is this a case of negligence? A lawyer said because in Michigan the statue of limitations is 2 years but the discovery law is 6 months I may not be able to file a claim.

Statute of limitations are very hard to overcome. When did you find out the tube hadn't been removed? Do you have your medical records from that surgery? Did you discuss the outcome with the doctor who performed the surgery? Is this the first flare up due to the surgery not being performed? The cyst would be unrelated.

Definitely! My new doctor said my tube is full of fluid and that's what they said before. Is this a case of negligence? A lawyer said because in Michigan the statue of limitations is 2 years but the discovery law is 6 months I may not be able to file a claim.

If you die within the SOL, you'll be dead.

My point remains, focus on your health and getting well.

Stress affects one's ability to recuperate.

If you just must know your legal options TODAY, make an appointment with a licensed lawyer in your county.

Statute of limitations are very hard to overcome. When did you find out the tube hadn't been removed? Do you have your medical records from that surgery? Did you discuss the outcome with the doctor who performed the surgery? Is this the first flare up due to the surgery not being performed? The cyst would be unrelated.

I have the report and it says the tube was removed! I just went to a new doctor 2 weeks ago and saw the tube and that the same condition hydrosalpinx that I had before and when I spoke to the surgeon after she confirmed she removed the tube

If you die within the SOL, you'll be dead.

My point remains, focus on your health and getting well.

Stress affects one's ability to recuperate.

If you just must know your legal options TODAY, make an appointment with a licensed lawyer in your county.
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back