Medical Legal

army judge

Super Moderator
Jurisdiction
Arizona
Who is the primary caregiver, or as we say in Texas, who holds primary conservatorship of the child?

If it is the mother, you can't prevent a licensed physician from treating the child in accordance with accepted medical protocol.

If you believe the treatment your child receives is improper, you'll need to take the matter to court and convince a judge to side with you.

To accomplish that, which is rare, you'll need a lawyer and a couple of physicians to testify in open court. So, prepare to dig deep.

There's no "form" that will achieve that which you desire.

Who is the primary caregiver, or as we say in Texas, who holds primary conservatorship of the child?

If it is the mother, you can't prevent a licensed physician from treating the child in accordance with accepted medical protocol.

If you believe the treatment your child receives is improper, you'll need to take the matter to court and convince a judge to side with you.

To accomplish that, which is rare, you'll need a lawyer and a couple of physicians to testify in open court. So, prepare to dig deep.

My question is that I need to know what is the legal form that is filed to prevent the doctor from treating and ordering medications for my sons against my wishes when my exwife is taking them to the doctors and we have joint medical decision making.

My step son is being taken to several providers and is being placed on medications without his father permission and they have joint medical decision making. He has sent the providers a letter with a copy of the decree stating this. What is the name of the legal form that he can file or the form that he can file with the AMA.

I was told that there was a form either from the Medical Board or a Legal form that I could present the provider with to stop them from continuing with the treatment that I haven't given them permission to do so. We have joint decision making in all medical treatments.

I was told that there was a form either from the Medical Board or a Legal form that I could present the provider with to stop them from continuing with the treatment that I haven't given them permission to do so. We have joint decision making in all medical treatments.

You can suggest to the father to speak with a couple of attorneys.
You, as a stepparent, have no say in the matter of his children.

We don't have joint decision making, Dad has that privilege.

The legal parents have decision making ability. Stepparents do not. Whether you agree with treatment is totally irrelevant. Any disagreement is between your spouse and his former partner. ideally the parents would make the decisions about a child's care together whether married or not. As far as the provider is concerned, as long as a legal parent or guardian approves the care, that is all that is needed. Disputes between the parents need to remain between the parents and not drag the provider into it. If a parent disagrees that strongly, and is divorced/has a custody agreement, they can file for modification in court to convince a judge to amend the agreement. Otherwise, it is no different than disagreements over bedtimes, appropriate TV shows, or the millions of other parenting decisions which are made everyday.

Back