Mcdonalds feather in nugget

Status
Not open for further replies.

poohble144

went to Mcdonalds and ordered a four piece chicken nugget. only recieved 3 nuggets so i returned the food and asked for replacements. upon biting into one of the replacement nuggets my tongue started to itch and my lips started to burn. i regurgitatated the nugget and found a whole chicken feather. i brought the feather and the half eaten nugget into the store where the manager said that he could assure me that the feather did not come out of the chicken nugget. i insisted that it did and he reluctantly and rudely offered me a refund. i asked for his name and the stores information so that i may place a complaint. he refused to give me that information and instead directed me to the store owner. the owner refused to issue any information involving the manager that was rude to me or any information about the store. he said if i wanted the information so bad i should look it up in a phone book. i asked him to print me a copy of my receipt (which they failed to issue with my order) so that i may obtain my information from there. he refused to do that as well. i threatened to call coporate and report him. he laughed and responded by telling me that coporate would only supply him with my contact information, which he would dispose of, and he had no intentions on calling me or returning any of my phone calls. i was still feeling an uncomfortable itching on my tongue, lips and throat so i proceeded to the ER where i was prescribed benadryll. i was just wondering...do i have a case? or will i just have to deal with the frustration on this situation?

Talk to a local attorney.

Take the 'feather' to the local health department.

File a complaint.

You never know until you try.

The problem is that you have no real damages. Disgust and a vague feeling of "itching" that is treated with benedryl is not something you can recover for. You might get your hospital bills re-reimbursed but you will also face scrutiny over whether you are telling the truth. Remember the lady who found a thumb in her Wendy's chili?

In any case I'm not saying you are lying or that you don't have a case, I am saying that proving that you have been damaged to any real extent might be problematic. I would find the franchise owner or the regional VP and complain about the feather brained manager. (Hey, maybe that's where the feather came from).

They refunded the money... I would expect that is all you will get.
Find somewhere else to eat if you don't like the service there.

No. McNuggets are processed chicken meat that is pressed together at some later point. It would not be processed in the same plant as where the chicken is de-feathered. Could a feather slip past somehow? Maybe. Likely to happen? Not really.

As stated it would be a very hard claim to prove, and you have no lasting damages to collect for.

What came first, the nugget or the feather???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back