Masters Decision - Need advice fast!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jane32

On Thursday, I received the Masters decision on the division of marital assets. Before I give you the Masters decision, which was quite devastating, I will share with you my background.

I got married to my husband when I was 17 years old, he was 28 at the time. We have been married for 32 years, every new year being worse than the previous year. I spent my entire life with him, either working or in school or doing both without a break, along with raising 3 children as though I were a single mother.

I filed for divorce in 2005 and we stood in front of a master for equitable distribution in June 2007 after 3 unnecessary and meaningless pretrials requested by my husband to prolong the divorce process to prepare himself better. After a 1 year wait for the masters decision we finally received it yesterday.

In his decision, he gave to my husband everything that he requested, denying me any alimony or counsel fees regardless of the fact that his salary is four times as much as mine and that we've been married for over 30 years. The division of the furniture will be decided by a toss of a coin. In fact his report was almost a cut and paste of my husband's lawyer's report.

I want to file exceptions, but I am not sure of the chances of a reversal of the Masters decision. The lawyers fees, I know will be very high, so I do not want to file exceptions unless I know I have good chance of an improvement on the decision.

I live Delaware county, Pennsylvania. Please offer advice by June 15, the deadline for filing for exceptions.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back