Married under false pretenses

unluckyinlove

Jurisdiction
Florida
My wife of 6 years now says she wants a divorce. She claims among the reasons: she married me only to please her parents, that she never had been sexually attracted to me and that she's never been "in love" with me either. None of which I knew prior to taking out vows - or for that matter until 6 years after the fact, but all things she says she knew but "didn't know how to explain." I know disgruntled spouses often say hurtful things at a time like this - but she has told many people this, not just me. I feel totally defrauded. Is it just something I'll have never chalk up to making a bad choice in the first place or is there a possible legal advantage in our pending divorce?

is there a possible legal advantage in our pending divorce?

These days a person doesn't need a reason to seek a divorce.
I suggest you discuss your mental and emotional issues with a therapist or counselor, but legally what she told you is irrelevant, insofar as the divorce laws are concerned.

If you are childless, count that as a blessing.

Otherwise, when someone says you're unwanted, its time to respect that and move along.

Wondering why, how, what happened, etc.. id counterproductive and painful.

Go one with your life, working, learning, living, and loving but not with the woman you unfortunately married.

is there a possible legal advantage in our pending divorce?

These days a person doesn't need a reason to seek a divorce.
I suggest you discuss your mental and emotional issues with a therapist or counselor, but legally what she told you is irrelevant, insofar as the divorce laws are concerned.

If you are childless, count that as a blessing.

Otherwise, when someone says you're unwanted, its time to respect that and move along.

Wondering why, how, what happened, etc.. is BOTH counterproductive and painful.

Go one with your life, working, learning, living, and loving but not with the woman you unfortunately married.

Back