Married boyfriend moved out

Status
Not open for further replies.

princesspea

My jurisdiction is: Henderson County, Texas

My jurisdiction is: Henderson County, Texas

1. I am divorced. Entered into relationship; boyfriend claimed he was divorced.

2. I am unemployed. All my monies are invested.

3. I purchased a mobile home and land with my money. We had verbal agreement that he would pay all the bills and 'take care of me'. He doesn't file income tax, has no monetary investments.

4. Domestic abuse filed on him by me approximately 4 months later. I did not continue with charges. I was textbook, i.e. he was sorry, wouldn't do again, etc.

5. He then started saying he was uncomfortable making improvements on homestead stating he didn't feel he was getting anything back.

6. I began to feel guilty, did some investigation and discovered he was still married to his 2nd wife. When approached, he denied. I told him if he could provide me proof that he was divorced, I would put homestead in both our names since he was accomplishing extensive improvements.

7. He eventually hired a lawyer. His lawyer advised that there was no divorce from his 2nd wife on record.

8. Domestic abuse began again.

9. He was again arrested last week; I did not file charges. Henderson County Sheriff pressed 'No D/L while unlicensed'.

10. I began eviction process.

11. He and his witnesses moved all of his personal property out of the house 3days later. He advised me his telephone line would be moved 01-19-09 and the electricity would be cut off on 01-21-09.

12. I immediately began searching for a job.

13. He left enormous amount of personal property on the land.

14. I changed locks on the house on 01-19-09.

15. I went to the Precinct JP on 01-20-09 to complete eviction process. The JP then stated that it wasn't necessary because we did not have a 'tenant/landlord' agreement. I stated that I didn't have a problem with him coming to collect his property, however, he stated that he was going to take the propane tank and the wooden storage shed he built. The JP clerk stated that I had no legal commitment to let him on my property and if he didn't like it, to get a lawyer.

16. I then went to Post Office and paid $10 to have the postal lock changed.

17. That evening, I came home and noticed he had moved some items, I was on the phone with my brother advising him what he he taken. We agreed no problem, as long as he wasn't beligerent, drunk, etc. I turned and he was urinating on the storage shed. I could see that he was intoxicated. Brother advised to call 911. The boyfriend then banged on both back doors, same on front door, then took golf cart (doesn't apply to me, applies to my brother) and left.

18. Sheriff(s) arrived, they stated they could not arrest him for coming to get his property. I explained what JP said. They took no action on this, but did on the golf cart. Since the golf cart has 'nothing to do with me' I will stop on that subject.

19 On 01-21-09, Henderson County Constable arrived at my door looking for boyfriend; He had a court order (signed by the SAME JP) with a written list from boyfriend to come on property to get his stuff. I did not read the order or the list. I advised all what had happened to Constable (that he couldn't take the propane tank or storage shed). He stated he was not going to stand here while the boyfriend collected his things. I then advised Constable that I refused to let him on property.

20. I began calling JP office, Sheriff, Constable. All stated that I must let him get his things and I could 'challenge' what I didn't want him to take when he tried.

21. He arrived approx. 4:00 with a friend, asking if there would be a problem getting some tools. I stated no and sat outside to observe with his witness. He began taking pictures of all the piles of his stuff. He then loaded items on trailer and left. His witness called me approx. 20 minutes later asking if boyfriend could come and get some more. They arrived and loaded a few more items, then left.

22. I continue looking for job, my brother working with me to keep utilities on.

23. Boyfriend arrives 01-22-09 approx. 3:45 with 'employee' and collects a few stacks of lumber and then leaves.

24. I continue to search for job, my father arrives around noon with a refrigerater, TV and portable burner. I call JP office and ask how long the court order gave him to collect his possessions. Clerk advised me that it had been 'turned back in, dismissed'. I asked what that meant; she stated it was between us two.

Whew. What can I do to establish a deadline for him to collect his belongings? He has only collected a parcel of things. He is a 'gatherer'. It would take weeks for him to collect all his stuff. He admitted to a mutual friend that he had no where to put all his stuff. Therefore, I assume he is using my land as a storage facility.

I feel trapped in the house because if I leave, I fear he will disconnect and take the propane tank and take the wooden storage shed and I will not be here to 'challenge'.

What a mess. He has mentioned common law marriage. This is not applicable since he is still married to his 2nd wife. Bigamy cannot be applied since I never represented him as my husband. The majority of things that he has taken were items that were 'acquired' while we were living together as boyfriend/girlfriend.

This has gotten out of control and I can't afford an attorney.

Advise PLEASE.
Stupid in Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back