Marriage under False pretenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

confused3000

It turns out that my recently ex-wife had children prior to marriage, and never told me about it. In fact she had told me that she never had children before the ones we had together. We married in Southern California (Newport beach)
I need an attorney to tell me if I can request an annulment of the marriage since we married under false pretenses. I am NOT bailing out of child support at all, but believe that if she lied to me to marry me, it should not be a legal marriage

Divorce is a lot quicker and easier than annulment.

I don't believe this is the sort of fraud that would get you an annulment. It isn't much different than telling you she is from Texas only to find out later she is from Oklahoma.

It turns out that my recently ex-wife had children prior to marriage, and never told me about it. In fact she had told me that she never had children before the ones we had together. We married in Southern California (Newport beach)
I need an attorney to tell me if I can request an annulment of the marriage since we married under false pretenses. I am NOT bailing out of child support at all, but believe that if she lied to me to marry me, it should not be a legal marriage

Annulments are expensive, and aren't granted by the civil authorities for the reasons you cited.
Did you get yourself a no fault divorce?

It appears you referred to her as your "ex-wife".

Does that mean you're ALREADY divorced?
If you're divorced, an annulment wouldn't be possible.
The marriage has been dissolved.

These days, my friend, no one (especially the most prolific liar of all time, the government, and its kangaroo courts) cares about lies, liars, or lying.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back