Marital Agreement in CALIFORNIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

armadillo

Hello,
hopeing for help.
My ex is taking me back to court over a stipulated marital agreement that was never filed. on this agreement it states that i was to pay of a credit card in the amount of 10k. I PAID , my credit report and the company stated this in writing. She supplied an copy of this personal loan doc that did not have her signature on it nor did it look like a real loan doc.Well i do have a attorney but hes unsure of the outcome. According to her this hasnt been paid since 99 and I understood the statue of limitations for calif was 4 years. does she have to pay it back ? it has been sent to a collection company. also what are my chances of having to pay this? WE have been in court over the past 5 years EVERY YEAR and this is the first she has brought it up demanding i pay. in 99 She told me she would not file the marital agreement cuz she was broke and we had no other issues. We were seperated at the time of the personal loan and i am unsure how they just gave her 10k for personal use, without a co-signer. (we always had joint accounts)
if anyone could give me advise id sure appreciate it GREATLY!!!!thanks am

I'm sorry to hear about your problem but it's difficult to understand what is going on. You evidently have an attorney on your case and he would be in the best position to help you and give advice since he has access to the agreement, the loan, and all the other items that may be factors.

Regarding the stipulated marital agreement, why was it never filed? Moreso, I don't know what it contains and am not sure why a purported loan after you were separated might require you to pay for it.

I'm also not sure I understand since you say that you paid 10,000 or you didn't? I'm also confused about the credit card and loan issue here and what is what exactly. Regarding the statute of limitations, I don't know if the company loaning the money began to proceed upon the defaulted debt or obtained a judgment and you'll have to ask your attorney whether it has run its course. I'm not sure that it is yet established that you are required to pay this money.

armadillo said:
Hello,
hopeing for help.
My ex is taking me back to court over a stipulated marital agreement that was never filed. on this agreement it states that i was to pay of a credit card in the amount of 10k. I PAID , my credit report and the company stated this in writing. She supplied an copy of this personal loan doc that did not have her signature on it nor did it look like a real loan doc.Well i do have a attorney but hes unsure of the outcome. According to her this hasnt been paid since 99 and I understood the statue of limitations for calif was 4 years. does she have to pay it back ? it has been sent to a collection company. also what are my chances of having to pay this? WE have been in court over the past 5 years EVERY YEAR and this is the first she has brought it up demanding i pay. in 99 She told me she would not file the marital agreement cuz she was broke and we had no other issues. We were seperated at the time of the personal loan and i am unsure how they just gave her 10k for personal use, without a co-signer. (we always had joint accounts)
if anyone could give me advise id sure appreciate it GREATLY!!!!thanks am

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back