Maria C Arbona, MBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sshellsy

I asked myself why my employer gave me leave of absence when my Chiropractice dr told them I do not have disability. I have a lumbar myalgia and she advised to work as light duty. My employer discharged me from the position until get well when I know ( because i have a career in that field and they know it) my dept is so challenging that always is good extra help. In addition, since I have been hired, there is an open position for mentors. Also, I have been working 3 mo and after that the company allow to transfer another position but they always find excuses and they do not give me any opportunity when I have a MBA degree and since I graduated the only position people from several companies offered to me was cleaning or housekeeper. Therefore, i have that health condition and i am feel better when i am not doing it.
My resume clearly shows my background of experienced front desk, night auditor, and supervisor plus my education but they said I am overqualified. I notice that they used to hire only Northamerican or native individuals and young people. I am 48 years old.
I consulted some lawyers and all of them told me because I live in state of FL, there is no law that protect the individual if the employer does not want to promoted you or there is no something else to do, they can fire you. ?????
What do you think?
Please email some advise.
sxxxxxy@xxxxx.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Every state in the US except Montana, and in some circumstances Montana also, follows the doctrine of at-will employment, which means that you can quit at any time and for any reason, and the employer can fire you at any time and for any reason that does not expressly violate the law. If several lawyers, who presumably have more information than we have in a two paragraph post, have not seen any legal violations, it's unlikely that one exists.

If I were you I would remove my email address from your post - getting targeted by spammers is the least of the problems that can cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back