Man alleges anal probings at the behest of Deming, NM Police!

Status
Not open for further replies.

army judge

Super Moderator
Hmmm ... I wonder what more there is to the tale. I doubt a judge would issue a warrant solely because he stood funny. I suspect there was a history there and that this guy has been in trouble for dope before and/or they had reliable intel that this was the method he used to hold his dope.

But, I suppose only time will tell. Though, more likely, the agencies involved will settle rather than go to court as it will be cheaper to do so.

I agree, CDW, the police obtained a warrant.

The judge is insulated, as is the police agency.
That said, it's embarrassing.

The warrant was only good for four hours in the county Deming is in. They raped him for about 10 hours in the next county.

The warrant was only good for four hours in the county Deming is in. They raped him for about 10 hours in the next county.
"Raped" implies a criminal act that requires penetration by a penis. And, even if this turns out to be unlawful, it would not be the crime of "rape."

And if the warrant was good for four hours, I suspect that means that it must be served within that time - not that the search must be completed. However, it seems very odd to me that there would be such a short duration on a warrant, though it might be a condition imposed by the judge given the nature of the requested search.

I agree that this doesn't sound good, but, I so often read stories that lack pertinent details that I am very skeptical of news stories that seem so heinous and I have to ask what it is that is not being presented in the story? I find myself frequently reading news stories of which I have personal knowledge and wanting to channel Paul Harvey: "And now, for the REST of the story ..."

As I said, only time will tell. But, I do suspect that an out of court settlement will be forthcoming in a year or so where the agencies involved will not admit to guilt and everyone will go their own ways.

Based on the articles (no pun intended), they were sticking things in that guy all night long. The doctors in Deming refused to perform any violations on him so the police took him to silver city. The 2 doctors from silver city are being sued also. It is about a 20 count suit. Shall we call it sodomized instead?

http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2013/1...bed-8-times-following-traffic-stop-for-drugs/
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles...er-nm-police-force-colonoscopy-in-drug-search
http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...-to-find-drugs-they-swear-he-was-hiding.shtml

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S3210356.shtml?cat=500

Last edited:
Yep, I read the articles. I don't think they were sticking things in him all night long, though. The entire process of x-rays, fingers, and an enema may have occurred over a period of hours, but it's not like they were ramming things up his hind end for hours on end. Having been present for these things, with the exception of an enema (which I mercifully have not witnessed), the actual probe/inspection might take only a minute or two if the patient is cooperative. Again, that isn't to say this was right, but, they weren't sticking things in him all night.

I still want to know what history this guy has, what other information the police might have had, and what was used as probable cause in order to get the search warrant. I cannot imagine that a judge would agree to such a search SOLELY because some guy on a traffic stop walked funny and MIGHT have been clenching his butt cheeks. While I suppose it's possible that there are judges that stupid out there, it seems highly improbable that you'd have a cadre of police AND a judge (and maybe a reviewing prosecutor) that would have all been such incredible morons and would have come together at the same time and place without the universe imploding.

I look forward to more information being released ... though, if it ends up exonerating the LEOs, then I suspect we'll hear nary a whimper as it will no longer be titillating. In any event, any resolution of this is likely a year or more away, and, I still predict an out of court settlement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back