Lying about me

Marylin Meadors

Jurisdiction
California
Good morning my brother worked for a tire service center for 30 years. His wife got cancer and he needed time off to care for her. His bosses were very rude about him being away from his job. Unfortunately she did not survive her battle very long. He did not take time to Greave and went back to work. He ended up starting to have several medical issues. He sold his house and quit his job the first part of August. His postion as manager was therefore taken over by someone else. His bosses are still telling all the customer base he built that he is either on vacation or out sick. Is this legal? The customer base he built was built on trust and being amazing at his job. If these said customers find out he left they will leave also and the business is lying to keep this base under the guise of him coming back!

Good morning my brother worked for a tire service center for 30 years. His wife got cancer and he needed time off to care for her. His bosses were very rude about him being away from his job. Unfortunately she did not survive her battle very long. He did not take time to Greave and went back to work. He ended up starting to have several medical issues. He sold his house and quit his job the first part of August. His postion as manager was therefore taken over by someone else. His bosses are still telling all the customer base he built that he is either on vacation or out sick. Is this legal? The customer base he built was built on trust and being amazing at his job. If these said customers find out he left they will leave also and the business is lying to keep this base under the guise of him coming back!

There is nothing illegal about it.

Is this legal?

Lying, deceiving, puffing, exaggerating might not be nice; but none of those actions are ILLEGAL.

The allegation that anyone has deceived, puffed, exaggerated, or lied; even if proven would amount to most people shrugging their shoulders.

I hope your relative heals over his loss.

Mourning is different for each human being.

Some people never heal.

My dad lost his mother at age seven.

Dad lived to be 80 years old.

He told me one day that losing his mother left him with a broken heart.

He loved mother, me, my siblings, and his siblings.

He lived his entire 80 years with a broken heart that would never heal.

My point is, even with his pain, he lived.

God bless.

His bosses are still telling all the customer base he built that he is either on vacation or out sick. Is this legal?

Not as you have described it.

Can you give me more information.

Sorry. My prior response was not worded well/correctly.

You wrote that, since your brother quit his job a couple months ago, his former employer has been telling customers that he is on vacation or sick. You asked if that is legal.

My intent was to say that, as you have described it, it is not illegal, but I ended up writing exactly the opposite.

Absent more information, there's nothing illegal or unlawful about your brother's former bosses lying to customers about your brother's status. It might be poor customer relations and, depending on specifics, might potentially give a customer a fraud claim against the former employer, but it's not something your brother can do anything about (although he can, if he wants, contact the customers and tell them the truth about his status).

Back