Live scan fingerprint background check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allen4822

Hi my name is Allen I recently had my record expunged for a misdemeanor. I'm going to be applying for a job that requires a live scan fingerprint background check, and curious on what will show up and what details will be included? Thanks

Hi my name is Allen I recently had my record expunged for a misdemeanor. I'm going to be applying for a job that requires a live scan fingerprint background check, and curious on what will show up and what details will be included? Thanks

You know what you've done.

You know if you've been convicted of any crimes.

What usually appears is what you've been involved in throughout your life.

If you were arrested five times for shoplifting and fingerprinted, that should be confirmed.

If you were arrested once for rape, twice for heroin possession, four times for manslaughter, and twice for making bomb threats, YEP; that could be revealed.

What will be revealed, no one can say with any certainty.

Mistakes are made, stuff happens.

In most cases, if you've never encountered the long arm of Johnny Law, you should be okay; unless someone used yoru name and pretended to be you.

But, if that happened, the fingerprints of the identity thief would easily clear your good name!

Even though you had your record expunged, it can still be seen by some types of employers & agencies. We don't know what will show up for certain.

Correct me if I'm mistaken Army Judge. It's my understanding that you may be able to have the following expunged:
1) arrest records that did not result in a conviction
2) convictions that were later overturned
3) certain juvenile records
4) some misdemeanors after a waiting period (varries according to state law)

But standing convictions are not normally expunged (again state law makes the determination) I can't tell you how many times I've been told by applicants "You can't consider that conviction, I paid a lawyer to have it expunged."

Expungement and expunction don't mean the event never happened.
You're right, Ida, only certain offenses are eligible, but each state is different.
The big problem for people is the pesky, FBI and their comprehensive records system.
Even if the state sealed the matter, that rarely applies to the Feds.
That's how the event that was expunged is seen five years later, that pesky, comprehensive, all inclusive FBI database.
That darn stuff never goes away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back