Liability- Schoo kidsl throws object in road causing accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

untpsycguy1981

I was wondering what is the liability if a charter school child throws a ball into the street, that causes and accident as well as medical injuries? Can the school be held liable?

Liability is a difficult thing to prove.
Absent a lawful admission of actually throwing the ball, it would have to be proven that the ball caused the accident.

Just because the kid attended the school, doesn't mean the school has any liability.

Schools are very difficult creatures to sue, let alone prevail against.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

That is out of a law school final, but I think Army Judge is correct. Maybe someone could say the kid was negligent, but you need to prove he had a duty to cars, breached it by throwing the ball, and it was foreseeable that an accident would happen based on the ball. Then you need to prove the school had a responsibility to make sure kids didn't throw balls in the street and it would be foreseeable etc. As Army judge says anything you need on this website is marginal legal counsel from anonymous internet posters so take it with a grain of salt.

I guess your best case would be the school knew that kids were throwing balls into the street and did nothing about it, but difficult to prove.

I have never heard of a ball causing an accident. I have heard of inattentive or inexperienced drivers overreacting to ball coming into the roadway and wrecking their cars. Are you claiming the ball was so heavy or traveling at such a high velocity it shoved a vehicle out of its lane?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back