Liabel via company email

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annoyed

My fiances ex-wife continues to send him emails, from her work place computer, even after he has asked her to stop. It's a typical case of "a woman scorned". Her emails are usually after a weekend that my fiance has visitation with his son & I'm there also. The email are very long & full of "dramatic" statements like:

"I know for fact that see has no sense of public decency, self respect, nor concern for our son's well being and I will not have her, or any other woman you may choose to date, in the presence of my son."

She constantly threatens him with refusing visitation & calls me names, such as whore, etc. I have not met her, so far, and we do not live in the same town. I know her statements about me are not true but would still like her to stop the harassing emails.

Since she is using her work email is there a legal way to get her to stop sending these emails?

she is using her work email? Let her employer know. He should send an email with a copy of her email to her employer/her boss requesting that they stop harassing him. I am sure the employer will put a stop on her using company email like that right away.

I think we answered this elsewhere. If the fiance refuses to cease and desist -- and make sure the request is made first and do not reply thereafter -- then you should feel more comfortable contacting her employer. However, if your fiance participates in the dialgoue then it is possible that this could be seen as your fiance's attempt to get even with the ex-wife and this perception is easily avoided as well as any appearance of potential liability.

Originally posted by Annoyed
My fiances ex-wife continues to send him emails, from her work place computer, even after he has asked her to stop. It's a typical case of "a woman scorned". Her emails are usually after a weekend that my fiance has visitation with his son & I'm there also. The email are very long & full of "dramatic" statements like:

"I know for fact that see has no sense of public decency, self respect, nor concern for our son's well being and I will not have her, or any other woman you may choose to date, in the presence of my son."

She constantly threatens him with refusing visitation & calls me names, such as whore, etc. I have not met her, so far, and we do not live in the same town. I know her statements about me are not true but would still like her to stop the harassing emails.

Since she is using her work email is there a legal way to get her to stop sending these emails?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back