Homicide, Murder, Manslaughter Let's hope justice is done in Hattiesburg.

army judge

Super Moderator
First of all, my deepest and sincerest condolences to the families of Officers Deen and Tate upon the loss of their loved ones.

I sincerely pray that justice will be done and those who had a hand in the murder of those two police officers will receive a fair trial and a just verdict.

It isn't easy standing on that wall.

To all those who still stand, ready to repel evil, God bless.

That was really sad - heard it on the news. :(

Coming up this week:

http://www.nleomf.com/

Ours was last week:

http://www.camemorial.org/

I have friends on both walls ...

THE MONUMENT

I never dreamed it would be me
My name for all eternity
Recorded here at this hallowed place
Alas, my name, no more my face

"In the line of duty" I hear them say
My family now the price will pay
My folded flag stained with their tears
We only had those few short years

The badge no longer on my chest
I sleep now in eternal rest
My sword I pass to those behind
And pray they keep this thought in mind

I never dreamed it would be me
And with heavy heart and bended knee
I ask for all here from the past
Dear God, let my name be the last

- Sgt. George Hahn, Los Angeles Police Department (Ret.)

Last edited:
The media has done a fine job of stirring up unwarranted fear and hostility in the hope of generating page views. I'm genuinely concerned for our police officers in every state. It seems that I have been more frequently shocked by insensitive comments I have read on news articles that shows a complete disconnection with how difficult it is for officers to deal with a growing mentality that resisting arrest is a constitutional right. I'm hoping that sanity will ultimately prevail and people will have a profound appreciation for how difficult it is to manage a job which is all about confrontation. My sincerest condolences to the families of our fallen officers.

The media has done a fine job of stirring up unwarranted fear and hostility in the hope of generating page views. I'm genuinely concerned for our police officers in every state. It seems that I have been more frequently shocked by insensitive comments I have read on news articles that shows a complete disconnection with how difficult it is for officers to deal with a growing mentality that resisting arrest is a constitutional right. I'm hoping that sanity will ultimately prevail and people will have a profound appreciation for how difficult it is to manage a job which is all about confrontation. My sincerest condolences to the families of our fallen officers.

At least a dialogue has begun between local elected leaders, citizens, and those who are hired to police their community.

We've tried that before, I'm hopeful that society will make progress this time.

There's no easy fix. We can't fix all of our problems with technology. Body cams might help, but do we require our teachers, street cleaners, mayors, school children, and our national leaders to where body cams, too?

While we're jaw jacking about this and that, many poisonous reptiles have slithered inside our borders and are boasting about a looming "9-11"v2.0!!!!! I fear a long, hot summer of discontent.

Back