Legally moving out

Andrew1

Hi, I'm 16 and my parents are split up. I currently live with my dad but I want to move in with my mom. At the highschool located in my moms town, I would be playing varsity football and baseball. I have a better chance at getting a scholarship there. I also hardly get to see my mom. And my siblings so that is another reason why I want to move with her. These are all valid reasons for me leaving but, my dad says that I am not leaving. When can I legally move out?

Hi, I'm 16 and my parents are split up. I currently live with my dad but I want to move in with my mom. At the highschool located in my moms town, I would be playing varsity football and baseball. I have a better chance at getting a scholarship there. I also hardly get to see my mom. And my siblings so that is another reason why I want to move with her. These are all valid reasons for me leaving but, my dad says that I am not leaving. When can I legally move out?

Son, you are FREE to tell Dad to go eat a stale pretzel and walk out of Dad's house at age 18.
If you turn 18 on August 1st, 2015; at one minute after midnight you can cut a chogey for the door and never look back.
Until that glorious day, son, Dad calls the shots.
If you make too much trouble, Dad can petition the Kiddie court to declare you incorrigible and then you'll dance to the rules of the Juvie Home.
Your day is coming, just a few more months.

These are valid reason to you not the court. Why are you separated from your siblings and why are you not seeing your Mom very much?

Back