legal vs biological father rights but mom has FULL custody

nrice78

Ok, I was separated from my husband for 3 1/2 years when I became pregnant with another man's child. My separation was not legal, but we had not lived together that entire time. The biological father became very emotionally and started to become violent during my pregnancy. I had no problem raising the child alone, I was also raising my 3 kids from my marriage, but he decided to move in. I feel he became resentful of the situation. Any way, things became worse ofter the baby was born, and I gave him the option to be in her life, but I couldn't be in a violent relationship anymore. He walked out when she was 3 months . He left without a care. Didn't leave a penny for her, and I was left with the rent and all the bills... I made plans to move to Florida to start fresh in a more affordable state, but before the move he took me to court for visitation, he was granted supervised visitation. He never showed up to any of the. Upon the return to court, he spoke poorly about me and proved his motive was only to make life hard for me because he had no where to live since he couldn't find a family member to take him in. I was granted full custody, and the go ahead to move by the courts. My estranged husband pays child support for his 3 children, the biological father of the fourth child never has and never will. I am wanting to finalize my divorce, but who will have parental rights over the baby? Will I have soul custody of her still, say I remarry one day and the man wants to adopt her, who has the authority to let him adopt her?

You really need to discuss this with an attorney, YOUR attorney.
Because you were married when the child was conceived and then born, your husband is the legal father.
Again, discuss this with an attorney, as there is no way a simple legal forum can be of much value to a complex legal problem.

Back