Legal Guardians keeping my child from me

Fallonmcarlton3

Jurisdiction
Oregon
Do the legal guardians of my son have the right to keep him from me? Do they have the right to keep me completely out of all the major health decisions?
I feel that I am stuck in a difficult spot and I don't know what to do. My son's grandmother (whom is the legal guardian) likes to get mad at me over honestly little things and then she will keep my son from me. She will also call CPS on me just because she is mad at me.
I am feeling stuck to me there are two choices 1:Go to court and terminate the guardianship or 2: Volunteer to sign my parental rights away
Can somebody please help me to find a middle ground if there is one
Thanks,
Fallonmcarlton3

Do the legal guardians of my son have the right to keep him from me? Do they have the right to keep me completely out of all the major health decisions?
I feel that I am stuck in a difficult spot and I don't know what to do. My son's grandmother (whom is the legal guardian) likes to get mad at me over honestly little things and then she will keep my son from me. She will also call CPS on me just because she is mad at me.
I am feeling stuck to me there are two choices 1:Go to court and terminate the guardianship or 2: Volunteer to sign my parental rights away
Can somebody please help me to find a middle ground if there is one
Thanks,
Fallonmcarlton3

A legal guardian of a child is akin to a parent.

If the legal guardian says no visits for you, you would be wise to obey.

I suggest you consult an attorney in your state.
Why?
To see if you can make a case for some type of court ordered visitation, and to understand how incredibly difficult it will be to, as you say, "sign away your paternal rights".

Ditto. I do not know why you aren't the one raising the child, but the one who is gets to decide who may have access to the child. If you behavior is such that the guardian does not wish you to be around the child, that is legal.

Back