late returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashleyhs

My son is 10 months and I have physical custody with his father having visitation twice a week from 9 to 3. We live 35 miles from each other but agreed to meet in the middle for pick up and drop off. He is constantly late to the drop off like it will be 3 and hes barely leaving his house and im stuck waiting in the area we agreed to meet where its either I pay for street parking or drive around until he gets there. I would understand if once in a while there was a traffic delay but it happens alot. What can I do if hes late? Call the police? Or how would I have proof to show the court thats hes constantly late.

Police won't care if he is late. If your current agreement isn't working then go back to court and have it changed.
Perhaps a simple solution is to stop meeting in the middle. 35 miles is not that far. The parent who has the child can deliver to the receiving parent at home.

Cell phones are a convenient medium for coordinating meeting times and places also. Hi, I'm leaving now. OK, so am I. See you in 20 minutes.

Gotta say Mom, if you're willing to drag him to court about this? You're going to have a really miserable 17+ years. Pick your battles.

Police are not going to act on this as stated above its between you and other parent and court possibly. How late is Dad usually? If he is late by quite a bit yes this could be a problem and its unfair to you and child. Where I have seen where court becomes involved they would rather Mom and Dad work out these petty issues. If court does become involved the consequences might prove undesirable to both sides! You need to talk to Dad about and tell him you don't want this to go to court so you need to work out this issues together.

We love in the los angeles area and im driving north and hes going south for the meet ups so sometimes its hard to leave at the same time because traffic might be worse for one of us. I understand that sometimes theres an accident and theres more traffic but when drop off is at 3 and hes just leaving his house at 3 thats not even trying to be on time. Then when hes late I get stuck in rush hour and it can take up to 2 houra to get home and I dont think its fair to the baby cuz then hes in the back crying for dinner and to get out. I let him pick tje times so I think he picked that time theree has to be some consequence of not following it. I have never dropped him off late except the few times there were accidents and no way around the traffic.

Other than the suggestions already given - the person with the child calling when they are leaving or having the person with the child drive him all the way, going to court seems the only option. I would try to work something out though, if possible, without having to go to court for a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back