Lagman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lagman

My husband was stopped at the exit of our community. He looked right and then left, saw no cross traffic, so he moved on at slow speed and then a bike came out of nowwhere in front of the car and he fell. He stood up. But another car came up and told the biker to lay down and call an ambulance and he did and a cop came too. No ticket was issued and the ambulance took him to the hospital. Now 5 months later my auto insurance sent me an affidavit of assets to sign stating that required by the plaintiff's attorney to settle for 10K, my limit although they submitted a "fraudulent" claim of 15k for medical expenses, etc. I have a car and a home and my salary and lots of debts, can they come after those if suit is filed? Is my wife liable too?

My husband was stopped at the exit of our community. He looked right and then left, saw no cross traffic, so he moved on at slow speed and then a bike came out of nowwhere in front of the car and he fell. He stood up. But another car came up and told the biker to lay down and call an ambulance and he did and a cop came too. No ticket was issued and the ambulance took him to the hospital. Now 5 months later my auto insurance sent me an affidavit of assets to sign stating that required by the plaintiff's attorney to settle for 10K, my limit although they submitted a "fraudulent" claim of 15k for medical expenses, etc. I have a car and a home and my salary and lots of debts, can they come after those if suit is filed? Is my wife liable too?

You betcha they can come after all of your stuff.
But, you live in Florida, and much of your stuff is protected by your state's laws.
Your car and home will likely be protected.
If they come after your wages, or you suspect that eventuality, talk to a bankruptcy attorney.
Forget that nonsense about your credit rating, if you're already burdened by debts and worried about keeping your stuff.
See a bankruptcy attorney and learn how bankruptcy could offer you more protections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back