1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Juvenile Felony, Records sealed - Can I pass a background check?

Discussion in 'Juvenile Crime, Law & Court' started by zzzzzz, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zzzzzz

zzzzzz Law Topic Starter Guest

I have a juvenile felony on my record, from another state, that is 5 years old.

I have had my records sealed. Here are my questions:

Can I pass a background check in the current state I reside in?

Can I pass a background check in the state I was charged?

Can I pass a fingerprint check? I have to go to the police station to get my fingerprint clearance done.

In theory, does having my records sealed give me a clean slate? Obviously I am most concerned about employment background checks... some companies require FBI clearance or some other type of security clearance. Will I be able to pass these?

Thank you for your help.

2. CdwJava

CdwJava Moderator

What state is the record in, what state are you in now, and what were the offenses?

Also, what kind of background check are you talking about? There can be a legal difference in what right Wal-Mart has to information compared to a local police department where you have applied to be an officer. So, it depends on the job you seek as well.

- Carl