judifcation with held

Status
Not open for further replies.

razertiger

I got in trouble five years ago .I work in the medical field every time I get a interview the back ground check gets me withjudifacation with held is what they gave me but still having problem and no it had not a thing to do with my medical license.I called to see about getting it taken off my record and since I have mistermeters so I cant do that so if I move to a different state am I going to have the same problem?An how can you get your drivers license suspend for owing the jail fore not paying housing fees.

I got in trouble five years ago .I work in the medical field every time I get a interview the back ground check gets me withjudifacation with held is what they gave me but still having problem and no it had not a thing to do with my medical license.I called to see about getting it taken off my record and since I have mistermeters so I cant do that so if I move to a different state am I going to have the same problem?An how can you get your drivers license suspend for owing the jail fore not paying housing fees.

Adjudication withheld means that you were arrested, and subsequently brought to trial.

The problem is, that that information won't ever go away.

Your arrest/conviction can be shielded from some people, but not all, especially government agencies, certain licensed professions, etc...

The ONLY way to get that stain off of your record is by an executive pardon, but you'll hit the lottery before you get a pardon.

They don't dole PARDONS out easily, and when they do, they go to the well connected and wealthy types.

In Florida, your driver's license can be suspended or revoked for a number of reasons, including:

• Accruing too many traffic violation points.
  • Failure to pay a traffic fine.
  • Failure to meet minimum vision standards.
  • Driving under the influence (DUI).

The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) will suspend your license for a certain amount of time, based on the severity of your violation(s).

Moving to another state won't help, but I'm told moving to other countries can help, sometimes.

I cant do that so if I move to a different state am I going to have the same problem?

Yes! They can pick up your history in another state just as easy as they can in your current state.

Without knowing the nature of your offense, trhe types of jobs you are seeking or which license you hold, it is hard to advise you there. As I understand not wanting those details online, you might contact someone at the licensing board for your particular discipline and ask their advice on how to get back into the field. Surely you are niot the only one to have ever been in your shoes.

Alternately, I would suggest seeking "help" for whatever type of offence you committed. If you can show a future employer that you successfully completed a treatment or counseling program, that may help allay any fears they have. It at least shows you are serious about reforming yourself. Take respionsibility for what you did and share what steps you have taken to minimize the risk of reoccurance.

You might also consider taking a position at a medical facility but not directly in your exact line of work. If the employer gets to know you, they may be willing to overlook your past in a way they might not for someone they only know from an application and 20 minute interview. Have some strong references lined up who can vouch for your character and work ethic. Network and use your contacts to help you find another job. Join professional organizations, including online groups. I am proof that even those professional contacts you initially make online can be very valuable in a job search. Keep up on the latest trends in your field. You might also enlist the help of a headhunter who can help smooth the way with potential employers.

I'm a Certified Nurses Assistant I got a possession charge fore pills ,and checks to public they were mine nobody else.

These are matters you should have cleared up before you ever pursued the job.
You are unlikely to gain employment in nursing with that record.
Maybe if enough time passes and there is no more trouble you may get lucky. Five years is too recent.

It is going to be very hard to overcome the medication issue. I'd suggest looking for work at a medical facility doing something else, preferably one where they do not keep drugs on hand or where you would not have access to medications and let them get to know you first. Maybe, after some time has passed, they would be willing to transfer you to a CNA position.

Your possession of pills charge & getting a job in the medical field, particularly as a CNA, doesn't look that great. You might want to at this time get a job in a different field. Maybe after some more time has passed, you could go back to the medical field even as a CNA. It will not hurt though to try for a job in the medical field at this time but for a job where pills are not around/where you do not handle pills.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back