Judge allowed arrears to be paid by ssi payments!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

prayerworks4me

I had gotten a 10 month payment in a lump sum for my son from his bio dad. The county had taken the bio back to try and make him pay arrears in the amount of 6,420. The Child support Judge said that the payment I received in the lump sum WAS the back payment! Is this correct? My worker didn't seem to think that was right. This guy is a real piece of work. Hes lying about being disabled anyway. He hasn't paid anything since 5/07. Now the Govt is paying his child support for him. Nice, huh? Can anyone help? Case law would be really helpful since I'm appealing this.

As long as you got paid, why does it matter who (or what) funded your payment ?

His SSI benefits can't be taken to pay his child support.

I suppose your kid gets SSI as a result if his dad's disability.

So, you're thinking that since the kid gets SSI anyway (from dad), that dad oughta pay what he owes, right?

If the latter is the case, dad still owes you the arrearage. The kid is die the support and the SSI is because dad gets SSI.

No case law on this. Other than, SSI monies are exempt from most levy or attachment attempts.

Last edited:
And really, lying about being disabled?

OP, do you have ANY idea how difficult it is to get approved for SSDI/SSI?

Seriously?

Lying about disability

Are you kidding me??? I have been disabled for over 10 years!!!! I DO know how hard it is!!!! This man is a pedophile who knows HOW to lie!!!! Unless you know the whole situation, don't talk to me about people lying!!! All you have to do in MN is walk around and act crazy for a few months and BOOM, you get disability!!! He even TOLD me thats what he was gonna do. So not everyone is honest.......

It bothers me about who pays because its not the GOVTs responsibility to pay his child support, its HIS!!!! My mom gave me some advice I'm going to follow. His pathetic little life is not worth my health. I will still receive $680/mnth SSI. He is not allowed to see the child, and the child is extremely happy, safe and doing wonderful. God is good!!! As for the judge and the pedophile, they will have to face their maker in the end. I refuse to fight over money, its so not worth it..........Thanks mom!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back