Josiah

josiah4338

I have my money garnished before I was given a chance to take a paternity test. One day when the baby mama was arrested for negligence.The state awarded me custody of my son as I thought. The lawyer who handled the case refused to let me have the paternity test. I was stuck with responsibility and my name was not even in the birth certificate. The lawyer said since I have been paying child support for a long time, I will not be able to take the test now. 19 years later, the baby mama tells me that the babby was not even mine. Help.

I have my money garnished before I was given a chance to take a paternity test. One day when the baby mama was arrested for negligence.The state awarded me custody of my son as I thought. The lawyer who handled the case refused to let me have the paternity test. I was stuck with responsibility and my name was not even in the birth certificate. The lawyer said since I have been paying child support for a long time, I will not be able to take the test now. 19 years later, the baby mama tells me that the babby was not even mine. Help.

You repeat a story that I have heard many times in the past.
You need a real lawyer.
I suggest you discuss your predicament with three or four local lawyers in your county.
I won't address your sad set of circumstances except to say, you should ask the lawyers if there is anything legally that can be done to rectify your problem.

This happened almost 20 years ago? There is a statute of limitations on how long you can challenge paternity. It sounds like you even raised this child. This child is yours, even if you do not share DNA. How do you know mom is telling the truth now and if you were a possible father, how does she know for certain you are not? Plenty of people raise children they do not share DNA with. I urge you to think of the child and how it would feel to have the person you thought was Dad try to wash his hands of you after 19 years.

Back