Job ad fraud?

FrX29

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
I recently sent some materials in response to a job ad. However, after doing some more internet research, I'm beginning to feel like the company isn't representing themselves truthfully, and that the position being advertised may not exist, or may be being used just to gather personal info. What can I do?

I recently sent some materials in response to a job ad. However, after doing some more internet research, I'm beginning to feel like the company isn't representing themselves truthfully, and that the position being advertised may not exist, or may be being used just to gather personal info. What can I do?

What can you do after you loan a person twenty bucks only to learn the next day that she is the most notorious deadbeat in your town?

Chalk up another "A" grade in the life long course of "YOUR LIFE".

In the future the time to alert to something is before you do anything.

Once you've loaned the twenty bucks before doing what banks do (check the credit worthiness of the person, get a signed IOU, and require collateral); or simply say NO.

Its been estimated that about 80% of things you see on the internet are scams, frauds, or fakes.

The other 20%, it was also cautioned, deserves great suspicion on your part.

All you can do is keep a close eye on your credit report, credit cards, bank details, and identity in general.

You can require credit bureaus to place an alert on your account as one prophylactic measure.

Here's how its done at Equifax, because Equifax will also forward your alert request to the other two credit bureaus:
Request an Initial 90 Day Fraud Alert or Active Duty Alert

You can accept that not all companies are overloaded with ethics and move on to the next application. There is no legal issue here. There is nothing to report and no one to report it to.

There really isn't anything you can do except forget it & look elsewhere for employment.

It isn't an uncommon practice to post a "generic" job ad as a way of building a database of resumes for when a position does come up. In some industries, this is extremely common. If they contact, you are certainly free to question them about the actual position.

Back