Jealous Ex of my wife threatens restraining order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RufusCWS89

My wife's exhusband has been nothing but jealous and angry ever since he found out I was dating his exwife and since I've been around his son. Recently, his 4 yr old son went with him for his 2 weeks of summer vacation time. During this time, my wife and I got a unexpected visit from Child Protective Service Detectives who said that the exhusband had called them because the child was at a birthday party and began to touch the private parts of the people there. When asked why he was doing that, the child said that I had done that to him. I have never done that, or anything like it. The Detectives interviewed the child and they determined that it occurred during times the child and I were playing together and it wasn't anything related to sexual abuse. They told this to the father also. Now, the father is threatening to put a restraining order against me between his son and me.

What can I do to prevent this from happening or what do I do if he wrongly accuses me and wrongly files for a restraining order?

My wife's exhusband has been nothing but jealous and angry ever since he found out I was dating his exwife and since I've been around his son. Recently, his 4 yr old son went with him for his 2 weeks of summer vacation time. During this time, my wife and I got a unexpected visit from Child Protective Service Detectives who said that the exhusband had called them because the child was at a birthday party and began to touch the private parts of the people there. When asked why he was doing that, the child said that I had done that to him. I have never done that, or anything like it. The Detectives interviewed the child and they determined that it occurred during times the child and I were playing together and it wasn't anything related to sexual abuse. They told this to the father also. Now, the father is threatening to put a restraining order against me between his son and me.

What can I do to prevent this from happening or what do I do if he wrongly accuses me and wrongly files for a restraining order?

You can't prevent anything, you can ONLY react.

You have two options, get the heck out of the relationship and stay away from the child and its mother.
There are other fish in the sea, with fewer problems.

Or, do nothing and wait to see what happens.
If you are eventually charged criminally, make no statements, comments, or admissions.
Be polite and ask to speak with an attorney.
Plead not guilty, ask for an attorney or hire your own, arrange bail, follow the advice of your attorney and the court's instructions.

If a restraining order is requested by the father, defend the action.
Be advised, this is a very serious allegation.
ANYTHING YOU SAY, CAN AND WILL BE HELD AGAINST YOU!
So, if you're smart, at least stop talking.

I don't know anything about this, other than what you've posted.
I suggest you carefully read everything you've posted.
Or, ask a friend to read it, and redact your personal details.
See how the friend reacts to what you've posted.
The answer might surprise you.
The truth is never complicated, therefore, it never needs to be explained.

Something isnt right CPS does not reveal who filed report ony that a report was filed?

I have no idea about their policies. But, they straight up told us who called them and what happened. My guess is, they were able to inform us of everything because they found, after the interview with the child, that nothing criminal was happening. They said that at that age, children begin to explore because they start noticing the difference between male and female. Furthermore, they said whatever the child explained happened had only happened during play.

So, if the father does try to pursue the restraining order, I have the Detectives as witnesses, right?

To get a TRO, does it need to be approved by court through a hearing? Who approves it and how?

If he files for one, and after the hearing is found to be wrong, are there any punishments for him?

Those are very curious and disturbing questions to me.
I'm not going to continue with you.
Maybe someone else will respond.
You're creeping me out, and I'm not a little boy.
I'm an old man, and very few things creep me out.
You, on the other hand, creep me out!
My "spidey" sensors are beeping.

I have no idea about their policies. But, they straight up told us who called them and what happened. My guess is, they were able to inform us of everything because they found, after the interview with the child, that nothing criminal was happening. They said that at that age, children begin to explore because they start noticing the difference between male and female. Furthermore, they said whatever the child explained happened had only happened during play.

So, if the father does try to pursue the restraining order, I have the Detectives as witnesses, right?

To get a TRO, does it need to be approved by court through a hearing? Who approves it and how?

If he files for one, and after the hearing is found to be wrong, are there any punishments for him?

Those are very curious and disturbing questions to me.
I'm not going to continue with you.
Maybe someone else will respond.
You're creeping me out, and I'm not a little boy.
I'm an old man, and very few things creep me out.
You, on the other hand, creep me out!
My "spidey" sensors are beeping.

Well... You may have been a judge, who knows. But you definitely aren't spiderman...

I guess being an old man you've delt with a lot of dishonest people. That's too bad that you now turn to assume everyone is somehow doing something sneaky. Well, I'm not. Those are honest questions that I really would like to know the answers to. And the information I've given really happened that way.

Thanks anyways?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back