Jackson Trainotti credits-Can anyone help me???

Status
Not open for further replies.

missamira1

Reposted from Custody forum:

My husband has two children with his ex-wife. While he was in the military and stationed in Colorado, she moved back home to California to attend school. She got on welfare, claiming that my husband was not supporting her and the children even though she was writing checks and accessing their accounts with her ATM card. After he got out of the Army, they had a tumultous relationship and he was out of the house several times but was still helping pay the bills and support the chidren. Child support is charging him for all the time-periods after she got off welfare as support for her and she is definately not disputing it. My husband was dumb and didn't handle his business so ten years after this whole thing began, it's a little too late to get documentation to prove alot of it. The balance they are saying he owes is over $22,000 with interest.

We have had the children for the last three years. We have been making payments but not large enough to make a difference with the 10% interest compounding. We have an order for her to pay $123 (which she is trying to have modified to $70 a month). but she is not paying at all even though we are making payments to her every month. At this rate it will NEVER offset what they say he owes.

We went and talked to the family law facilitator in our county yesterday and she mentioned that we should try to get Jackson Trianotti credits. Does it sound like these would apply in our case? And how would we apply for them? She also mentioned asking for a compromise of arrears? I downloaded the form but is that something a judge must order or is it done administratively through the DCSS?

Thank you in advance for your help. The most frustrating thing about this is that child support is (I assume) supposed to be for the benefit of the children but they are the ones suffering the most in this whole situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back