Copyright Isn't Copyright automatic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredrick

Hello there,

I have learned from many educational site including Wikipedia that Copyright is applied automatically upon creation of the work (design in this case, as I am a web designer).

It would be quite an interesting topic as to why we need to pay to copyright things that we have designed?

Could you please, clarify this for me?

Consider this- how is anyone else in the world supposed to know what you have designed, and who designed it first? How do you know someone else has not already created the same design?
How would you settle a dispute if one arose?

I agree with you mightymoose, Could you care to explain how Copyright applies in the internet? Is there palces I need to register my designs or how can I protect my design from being stolen?

I am almost completed writing my first book. It is autobiographical in theme. What should be my next step? Is sending the material to myself or another sufficient to act as Copy Write?

Last edited:
Unless I'm missing something, it seems you are logged in - you're posting.

Thank you apparently I am logged in. My initial question regarding copywrite asked, If I am writing a book, does emailing it to myself or others constitute a copywrite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back