is this really a lope hole and I cant do anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarah1218

I recently recieved a letter from Va childsupport enforcement telling me they are closing my childsupport case because Maryland childsupport enforcement sent them a letter that my ex husband is recieving welfare benefits so they are unable to collect childsupport. I don't understand hownhe can claim his girlfriends kids and get on welfare and then my kids just suffer. I was told he still owes the arrearages so I'm assuming that they aren't going to try and help me collect that either. What are my options. I'm a single mother of two trying to make it and its hard without any help. Did he really find a lope hole out of having to pay childsupport or is there sething I can do?

I recently recieved a letter from Va childsupport enforcement telling me they are closing my childsupport case because Maryland childsupport enforcement sent them a letter that my ex husband is recieving welfare benefits so they are unable to collect childsupport. I don't understand hownhe can claim his girlfriends kids and get on welfare and then my kids just suffer. I was told he still owes the arrearages so I'm assuming that they aren't going to try and help me collect that either. What are my options. I'm a single mother of two trying to make it and its hard without any help. Did he really find a lope hole out of having to pay childsupport or is there sething I can do?

More than likely, they are her welfare benefits for her children, unless they are remarried.

Welfare benefits are probably exempt, insofar as VA is concerned.

You can speak with VA authorities (or write them a letter) and ask your questions.

If they could touch the money, they would, because they get paid when you get paid.

The case isn't closed, because you can always ask them to review it periodically.

But, for the moment, you can't get blood from a beet.

What if he dropped out and became homeless?

Nothing to collect there, either.

If you wish, a you can have him hauled before a court and argue that he be held in contempt.

You won't get money, if you prevail, but you he could wind up in jail for 30 to 90 days.

How?

Google it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back